Double/Weak Chin (not overweight) Options not too invasive? (photo)

I have a double chin it's not terrible but bothers me from the side and in pics I feel like I have no definition. I am 31 and not overweight 5' and 115 (size 2-4) I'm sure if I lost 10 lbs it would be a little less, but still visible. I think it's genetic because my mom and grandma have the same thing. What is the best treatment options for this? I really don't want a chin implant and am hoping some Smart Lipo will do the trick.

Liposuction of submentatl region

+1

You may be a good candidate for liposuction underneath the chin. It is best to be seen in person to determine this.

Chin Liposuction

+1

Based on your photos, you would be a great candidate for chin liposuction but to give you the best neckline a chin implant would be ideal. Not everyone wants to discuss the idea of a chin implant because of the innate fear of putting something in their body but chin implants have been around over 40 years and are tried and true augmentation material with little risk. Nonetheless, yes, you are a good candidate for neck liposuction alone.

Web reference: http://www.northsideplasticsurgery.com

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction vs chin implant

+1

You should have liposuction but in order to give your profile the balance it needs also a chin implant done thru the same small incision that the liposuction is performed. Properly performed there should be minimal risk to these procedures and quick recovery.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Based on your photo, neck liposuction with a chin implant may be better than neck liposuction alone.

+1

If you're certain you do not want a chin implant, well-performed neck liposuction may be considered. Adding a properly sized extended chin implant may enhance your results.

Consider consulting several reputable facial plastic surgeons so you could see what might be right for you.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/PageID/4241

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Options for chin and neck improvement

+1

Submental neck liposuction will help, but for increased definition, a chin implant will go a long way. You should speak to an experienced facial plastic surgeon in your region to help you to weigh the pros and cons.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck liposuction and chin implant

+1

A chin implant is placed directly over the front part of the mandible to give added projection to the chin which helps give a longer jawline and is complementary to sub-mental liposuction. A small Silastic chin implant placed thru a sub-mental incision under local anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure. The sub-mental liposuction will remove the sub mental fat and will not remove any sub-platysmal fat. For many examples of neck liposuction and chin implant combination, please see the link below

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/neckliftandlipo_photos.html

Weak looking fat chin

+1

Most likely you would benefit from a chin implant and fine cannula liposuction done in the same sitting.

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

What to do about this chin?? Ask Dr Ellen

+1

Hi Britt30,

Thank you for including your photos. You're at such a young age, I can understand why you would like to go with more conservative options.

It looks like your chin is a little small/short and retrusive, all of which contribute to your sense of a double chin. In the absence of a chin implant, an additional option might be to do a little bit of liposuction in the submentum. You would need a physical exam to qualify that the procedure is justified and that the fullness there is not just lax skin.

If there is some fatty tissue to remove, the deep surfaces will subsequently adhere to one another and likely improve your neck line. The results won't last forever but at your age, a more aggressive procedure, such as a lift, seems over the top.

Thanks for asking! Dr Ellen

Westport Plastic Surgeon

Double/Weak Chin (not overweight) Options not too invasive?

+1

I think that chin liposuction will be of some benefit, but the combination of chin liposuction and a chin implant will be far more powerful.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Chin-Liposuction.php

Double chin in a young person

+1

It is difficult to say from a photo where the fat is. An exam can help determine whether the fat is subcutaneous where liposuction can help or under the muscle layer in which case you need a neck lift with subplatysmal fat resection.

Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.