Double Vision Caused by Botox Migration?

A week and a half ago i woke up with double vision in my right eye when i look down. I've seen an eye specialist and ive had an MRI, eyes are healthy and so is brain. The eye specialist agrees that there's a muscle in my eye that's not working but she can't put her finger on why or how to fix it. She asked if i'd had botox, which i had in my forehead 6 weeks before, she thinks it could be that botox has migrated down to a muscle in my eye, is this possible so far after the initial injections???

It is not botox. The timing is wrong.

If you had Botox 6 weeks ago but developed double vision 1.5 weeks ago, then these two events are unrelated.  I would recommend a referral to a neuro-ophthalmologist if your general ophthalmologist can't determine the basis for the new onset double vision.  A very famous neuro-ophthalmologist once said that neuro-ophthalmology is the study of reportedly normal imaging studies.

Botox and side effects

From what you've described, 6 weeks after a Botox injection you wouldn't be suffering from double vision. If you aren't getting a diagnosis or answers from your current physician, get a second opinion and a thorough assessment to rule out further potential concerns.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox and double vision

Botox can cause double vision, but only if it is injected relatively near an extraocular muscle (migrating from the forehead would be very unusual). The effects would be seen within 7-10 days of injection, just as they would with your facial muscles.  There are lots of other reasons to get double vision, which a neuro-ophthalmologist could sort out for you.  

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

If the double vision happened right after the Botox injections, they may be related however  6 weeks later, it's probably not related.  You should have a further workup to rule out other causes.

Double vision by Botox? No.

Double vision at this point in time isn't from the Botox. When we say that Botox "migrates" that's a very tiny amount, and it moves a miniscule amount. It won't move from your forehead into your eye muscles. Especially not after 6 weeks - it happens in a matter of days. So, something else is happening..