Is Double Vision After a Pentagonal Wedge Repair After Mohs of the Upper Eyelid Typical?

My upper eyelid was repaired after Mohs using a pentagonal wedge procedure. Since that time, I have experienced double vision. Can you refer me to any research on this?

Mohs and Eyelid Repair

+1

Your symptoms are certainly unusual and you need to see an ophthalmologist. Do you know how deeply the Moh's procedure extended? Do you have double vision all of the time or just when you look in a certain direction? It is possible that one of the muscles that controls eye movement was damaged - possibly by a subtle hematoma, swelling or via electrocautery injury.

Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

Double vision after pentagonal wedge

+1

Besides what Dr. Amadi mentioned, I have seen people develop some early vision problems after pentagonal wedge when the remaining eyelid is pulled together and ends up very tight.  This can interfere slightly with the movement of the eye and induce some astigmatism. I would recommend seeing an oculoplastic surgeon, but also waiting several months for the eyelid to heal completely is ideal as the problem may resolve on its own.

Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Very unusual

+1

I've been an Oculoplastics surgeon for 12 years and haven't hear this surgery causing problems before. This might be related to a concurrent, but unrelated issue such as mild thyroid eye disease or ocular mysthenia gravis.

I would recommend a consultation with an OCuloplastic surgeon or a Neuro-ophthalmologist.

Good luck

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon