I Had Double Tram Flap and Now I Have a Blister on my Left Breast Where I Had the Tissue Flap? (photo)

4 months Post Op. Any input would be great, no rads no heating pads , zero sun.. cancer was in right breast 8years ago . I was stage 3 her2 nu.. I just did my double tram with mast. in 12/11 .. so i am 4 months out.

Blistering at 4 months in a TRAM flap.

+1

Thank you for your question. This is certainly unusual to see an isolated blister in the center of a TRAM flap at 4 months. The most likely causes for blistering are local skin irritation, a burn, or a decrease in the blood supply to the area. I would recommend following up with your plastic surgeon. They may wish to send a culture of the blister fluid or a biopsy of the skin if no apparent causation can be determined.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Blister post reconstruction

+1

Since this has not healed I think a biopsy may be in order to see what this might be.Your plastic surgeon or a dermatologist can do this.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon