Double Fold, Totally Different Breasts, Will This Ever Get Better? (photo)

I'm 12 days post op from 550cc mentor implants (textured, silicone, high profile, under muscle) and benelli lift for mild sagging. My left breast was significantly more painful than the right, the muscle would go into spasm at the slightest movement. I can feel the muscle is still very tight across the top of the implant. The implant can cleary be felt at the bottom of the crease, however it is no lower than the right. The implant feels high and pushed to the side, and I have a double fold.

Double bubble - different breasts early pot-op

+1

Thank you for posting your photos - without seeing your pre-op breast shape it is difficult to know how this will settle.  However, you are still very early in your recovery and should discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  The visible fold on your left breast is likely to relax with healing so may not need anything done.  Ask your surgeon for advice and wait for your breasts to heal fully - about 3 months.  Good luck.

London Plastic Surgeon

There is a chance that it will improve, if not completely improved correction is relatively straight forward

+1

Thank you for the photos.  What you are seeing is your prior breast fold.  It may relax and the double-bubble will improve or potentially go away completely.  If it does not the fold will have to be released and this can be done relatively easily.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breasts post-op from lift and implants

+1

You are still very early post-op.  Some of the issues on the left may resolve with time.  Follow closely with your surgeon.

+1

Thanks for the series of posted photos. These issues should have been discussed pre operatively so you were aware of the possible occurrence of the double bubble effect. Also why the drainage tube? Best to return to your chosen surgeon for guidance. But you still are very early in the healing phase, allow at least 4 months for settling. 

Breast augmentation revision

+1

It sounds like the muscle on the left is firing and creating progressive distortion on that side. I have seen this before and it usually requires reoperation at some point if the distortion is significant. Once the muscle gets used to the implant being there it does not fire but the damage has already been done by then.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Will This Ever Get Better?

+1

Without seeing some equivalent pre-op photos it is not possible for me to get the whole picture. My conjecture is that there is some pre-op asymmetry particularly of the breast folds.

The indentation on the left breast is most likely the original breast fold, and yes, these often stretch out and improve during the months of healing. 

Other than that crease the implants look reasonably symmetric given how early after surgery this is, and given the fact that I can't say about pre-op asymmetry. 

For now, continue follow up with your surgeon, work on the displacement excercises, have some patience.

Thanks for the question, and for the very helpful photos. Best wishes.