I Have Double Eyelids but Want to Get Bigger Eyes--what Kind of Surgery Do You Recommend?

I'm Asian and want bigger eyes, but unfortunately I already have double eyelids. Is there anything I can to make my eyes look bigger, or are there any surgeries available?

Bigger Asian eyes by design should look naturally beautiful

+2

Your photos suggest constriction by the medial epcanthal folds.  I recommend a release of the epicanthal folds to widen the horizontal axis and this will balance your almond shapes nicely.  Although I can raise your folds, I don't recommend you change the pretarsal folds as they are already at the top of the natural balance point for Asian eyelids.  Beyond this, the folds may appear "surgical".

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Asian eyelid surgery and ptosis

+2

I would suggest correcting what appears to be mild ptosis so that your eyes open up more widely. The folds themselves are fine. Making the eyelids open more widely will make you look more alert and enhance the appearance of your eyes further.

Charles S. Lee, MD, FACS

Surgery entails risk and you already have beautiful eyes

+1

You already have very nice looking eyes and surgery always has risks. You will always find a doctor willing to put YOU through the risk of surgery. The balance of benefit (a slightly more open eye) to risk (asymmetry, eyelid height  too high, too low, scarring, infection, etc) is not that great. If you were my relative I would advise you to avoid surgery. If you were to have ptosis surgery, probably a posterior approach (Putterman conjunctivomullerectomy) would have the lowest risk and most chance for success.

Jeffrey Schiller, MD
Staten Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bigger Eyes and Double Eyelids

+1

First off, it appears that you have beautiful appearing eyes and do not need anything done at all.  But it may be hard to tell from the single photo that you sent.  There may be a small bilateral ptosis present, in which case you could consider CONSERVATIVE bilateral ptosis repair.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon