Double Eyelids Surgery - Bulged Eyes? (photo)

I recentlywent to asurgeon to get more info on how I should do my 2xeyelids.I dohave a crease but was hoping to go under the knife bc I don't think mycreases are defined enough.Idon't want a big crease,just a more naturaldefined crease(See pic).He told me bc my eyesbulge out a little,fat would have to be removed around the inner&outer corner ofmy eyes to make them look more"crisp".Does fat around your eyesmake your eyes bulge?If I remove fat around my eyes,wouldn't that make myeyes bulge outeven more?

Asian eyelid surgery and fat removal

+1

good morning Rejoyce

about 90% of my practice is Asian eyelid surgery and let me just warn you right now that significant fat removal from the compartments around your eyes may look nice now but could look very hollow on you in the distant future. Another thing, the idea that fat has to be removed is a "cook book maneuver" that surgeons read about in papers and book chapters when they read about Asian eyelid surgery. Often times it is not needed to look great.  One of the keys is to preserve as much natural anatomy is possible and I actually very infrequently remove fat and when I do is done conservatively. Just that every example of before-and-after pictures that you can see in my web media or on realself.com show surgeries where no fat was removed. Be careful of the cookbook occasional Asian island surgeon. All that being said, you may have some fat that needs to be removed and I can tell that for sure without seeing you in person. I recommend several consults before moving ahead.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian double eyelid surgery

+1

Unfortunately your photos are too limited and don't show enough of your upper eyelid (we'd need to see the full eyelid including the eyebrows).  Asians tend to have fullness in the upper eyelid because of excess fat in that area so it is not uncommon.  Please discuss your concerns with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

It depends on your anatomy

+1

Asian eyelids sometimes have more inferior extension of eyelid fat, but in your case, I doubt fat removal would be necessary. Is your surgeon experienced in Asian blepharoplasty? If so, then more than likely, he will make the appropriate decision intra-operatively.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon