Double Eyelid Surgery Gone Wrong?

I just had my eyelid surgery, about 15 days ago. I didn't seem to get the results I wanted. I wanted a defined parallel double eyelid, but my double eyelid crease right now, it is parallel but it is not defined. When I open my eyes, it's barely even visible, it only becomes defined when I lower down my eyebrows like I'm angry, it pushes the crease to get clearer. My problem is, when my eyes are opened normally, the line is there but barely even see it. Is it supposed to be pushed back more?

Perhaps you can repost with a photograph-that would be helpful.

+1

Michelle

We are missing information to really provide a useful response.  Generally at 15 days, you should have a very defined crease.  The fact that it is not defined is a concern.  The eyelids will still be swollen at this point.  However, in order for the crease to stay, there needs to be a firm attachment between the skin and the levator aponeurosis.  You did not indicated which method your surgeon used to perform you procedure.  At this point, I strongly discourage you from pushing your surgeon.  This may ultimately be the wrong person to help you and pushing this doctor to do something might cause you to be far worse off then you are at this moment.

Way too early to be concerned about results

+1

There is still residual edema that is preventing the final result from becoming apparent.

It is advised to wait about 3 months before critically and objectively evaluating your final results.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Poor definition of the crease after double eyelid surgery.

+1

The upper eyelid creases are formed when eyelid lifting muscles pull the lids upward when you open your eyes. In your case, it may be due to swelling since you are still going through a healing process. 

If your eyelid crease definition doesn't improve in time, it may be related to the technique or unrecognized ptosis that might have been present before the surgery.

For now, I would suggest you to be patient and observe.

Eric I. Choe, MD, FACS