Double Eyelid Surgery and Worried About the Crusting.

I had my third correction on my left eye 4 months ago,because it keeps on dropping and it did so again. I also had a slight correction on the right side but nothing major. When the healing process begun, the wound started to crust and it came off after 1 month on the right side. However, on my left eye the crust is still very visible and attached to the skin after 4 months. Is this normal? The two times before it never took that long.

Photos would be helpful

+2

Dear Lykeia

Unfortunately, without photos, it is difficult to assess what you mean by "crusting".

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Crusting after Asian Eyelid Surgery should not last more than 2 weeks.

+1

Crusting after Asian Eyelid Surgery should not last more than 2 weeks. If the crusting lasts more than 2 weeks, you could get scarring. I would have your doctor look at this situation asap. Otherwise, you might have a bad appearance from the scarring there.  The dropping of the eyelid can occur more commonly with non incision techniques.  Also the skin to levator approach is dependent on scar tissue that can last and maintain the crease in a variable way.  I carry out the Asian Eyelid Procedure in a unique way that lasts a long time. My procedure that I do is difficult, but once mastered makes a huge difference in terms of longevity.

Thanks for reading, Dr Young

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon