I had a double eyelid surgery 4 weeks ago. The line on my eyelids is blue or black colour, is it normal? (photo)

i asked the doctor and she said its fine,its something to do with blood and another person i asked told me they are dissolvable stitches and will be gone. But im still worried because all of my friends i know that had a surgery told me it should be red.Please help me

Discolored scar

+1

Thank you for asking about your scar after double eyelid surgery.

In the photo, the scar looks dark brown, suggesting the problem is hyperpigmentation or darkening of the scar. If so, it may last 6 months or more.

Sutures under the skin don't usually show. Dissolving sutures usually cause mild irritation. Blood from surgery should be gone by now.

If your surgeon can't explain it and you are concerned, get a second opinion.

Funny thing about dissolving sutures...

+1

The surgeon does not always understand how long it takes for sutures to dissolve.

I teach residents and fellows at one of the hospitals I work at. They seem to lack information on precisely how long suture take to dissolve.

Please call the surgeon and let them know that you are concerned about how the incisions are healing. I can't discern from the photo if sutures are still in place. A responsible surgeon will want to get you in to see what is going on.