Double Eyelid Surgery Revision? Better Methods?

Hello everyone. It's been two years since I had non-incisional double eyelid surgery. My doctor did a good job but I did not know my folds would be so small. They were 7 mm. And I feel that my eyelids are still asymmetrical. I wanted to do a revision surgery to make the double eyelids show more. Would I have to do the same surgery again? Or are there different methods that may be better for me?

Revision Asian eyelid surgery. Which is the best method?

+1
in your particular case incision method will likely be the better alternative this time around.  He will have more longevity with the procedure and likely have more consistent results with regards to symmetry.  He definitely want to go to someone who focuses on Asian eyelid surgery as a large part of their practice.  Best of luck.

PS I'm glad to see your eating or vegetables and staying healthy.

Chase Lay, MD
Asian eyelid surgery specialist
Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Open or closed technique can be used for revision

+1

If your creases came out too low, the creases can be raised by either open or closed/suture technique. I disagree that the open technique has less complication or more reliability. The closed/suture technique is by far the commonest technique used in Asia and I have observed that procedure to be used frequently by the best surgeons in Korea, Japan, and elsewhere in Asia.

The choice of technique is best left to the surgeon who knows what results he/she can get most reliably based on their own experience and trainng.

Jeffrey Schiller, MD
Staten Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Double lid surgery

+1

Small incision or suture double lid surgery will creat a limited results.

if you want significant show of the lid margin, and correct the asymmetry then the open method is more accurate