Double Eyelid Surgery - How Long Does It Take for the Incision Line to Disappear?

I had the procedure done almost 5 months ago, and my eyelids still show the crease when I close it. The left eyelid's crease is more prominent. Is this normal?

Eyelid crease still visible

+1

I assume you had an incissional technique for your Double eyelid surgery? The crease line will often be red for up to a year, this is normal. With time the crease will fade but will always be slightly visible when your eyes are closed. This is to be expected.

Web reference: http://www.8west.ca/resources/double-eyelid-surgery/

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery scars usually not noticeable.

+1

Hi.

Scars never completely disappear.  They should just not be noticeable in social settings. So you might be alright.  Also they will improve more over the next few months.