I Got Double Eyelid Surgery 6 Days Ago and my Eyes Are Extremely Uneven?

Is this something I should be concerned about? My cousin got the same procedure done a day before I did but her results look a lot better than mine do. I really hope that it will become even soon but I am very worried at this point.

Hello

+1

Your only 6 days out it is very normal to have your issue. Everyone is completely different and heal at a different rate. You cannot go off how your friend heals because you’re not the same person. It takes 6-9 months for swelling to completely subside.

Be patient.

+1

6 days out from surgery is extremely early to worry about your results. Eyelid swelling is not necessarily always symmetric, even if the surgery performed on each eyelid is symmetric.

But if you posted a photo we might be able to give you advice on whether the asymmetry is something to really worry about. Rarely early intervention might be possible, but for the most part we wait about 3-4 months before making any final judgements on revision.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon