Double Eyelid Revision to Remove All Fixations &sutures, Not Concerned About Double Eyelid As Outcome.

Hi, I had issue that the double eyelid fixation-levator points creates much tension and adhsion to the lashline, that it don't move freely. Can revision be performed to remove scars and close incision with no more fixations? I do not like that my lashline do not drape, abit startled. i had double eye prior the surgery my 1 eye with issue has pretty much no loose skin, strong muscle. I do not wish to have double eyelid 'made' again just remove scar &no more fixation points if possible? Pls help

Correcting lid eversion or lash eversion after Asian eyelid surgery

+2

These are determined on a case by case basis and even then, you may not be able to know prior to surgery whether correction of the lash eversion is possible. It would be exploratory surgery with a possible reversal of the lash/ lid eversion.

+2

You did not state when you had your surgery. If your surgery was recent (less than 2-3 months), consider waiting a little longer for the tissues in the lid to settle down. If you have had surgery a while ago, revision surgery may help with redraping of the skin. If the fixation sutures are removed, there is the possibility that some scar tissue has formed and that the crease will be maintained.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Reston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian blepharoplasty double eyelid surgery creating a startled look with lashes

+1

Asian blepharoplasty double eyelid surgery creating a startled look with lashes. You can reverse this situation. But revisional surgery is difficult at times and may require more than one revision. The procedure entails removing the adhesions through the original incision most of the time. Then it requires tacking the prelevator postseptal fat to cover the levator so that no adhesion reforms. This is difficult though and I would go to someone that is familiar with this approach and with Asian blepharoplasty. You can see in the video below the approach. The revision will be the same except that the adhesions will be removed and cut and some of that fat is sewn more inferiorly as described above.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon