Double Chin Reduction Questions? (photo)

Hi. I've been overweight all of my life but I have noticed that my double chin is the feature that absolutely destroys my self-esteem. I'm a college student in Ohio and I have been seriously considering liposuction for my chin. I can't even look at photos of myself without bursting into tears. I don't know exactly what procedure I would need or how much it would cost and that scares me because I'm working with VERY limited funds. (Around $1,000-1,400). What are my options?

Chin Liposuction for the double chin

+1

At this early stage in your life, chin liposuction would be ideal as the skin can rebound well after surgery. Good Luck. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Chin liposuction could work well for you

+1

It is quite possible that chin liposuction can help improve your contour.  Usually a double chin can be greatly improved with liposuction if the skin has good elasticity.  Given your age it is quite likely that your skin elastic enough to adequately tighten after liposuction and give a significant improvement.  

Dev Wali, MD
Claremont Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of Neck and Chin

+1

Liposuction of the neck and chin areas will produce an improvement in that area for you.  You may be able to find a plastic surgeon to perform this for you for $1500 or so.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Chin liposuction

+1
Chin liposuction could possibly be effective. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will give you the best idea of your options. if you are truly limited with find, you might wish to consider a hospital with a plastic suregry residency program. In some cases there may be reduced rates. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Addressing a double chin

+1

Simple liposuction will only address a minimal amount of fat that is present in the submental space.  A neck lift will need to be performed to address any subplatysmal fat.  It is also very important that patients are at their ideal body weight which can be measured through body mass index.  Liposuction is performed for diet resistant fat once patients are at their ideal body weight.

Double Chin reduction options

+1

I would recommend liposuction of your neck. This procedure can be done under oral sedation, IV sedation, or general anesthesia along with local anesthesia. It is less costly to have it done with oral sedation and local anesthesia. This should make a big difference in your life. Good luck !

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Neck Liposuction for Double Chin

+1

Your best treatment option would be liposuction of the entire neck. This could be done most economically by doing it under local or light IV sedation anesthesia. You also appear to have a slight chin deficiency so its simultaneous treatment would also be helpful but that may not fit into your budget.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Liposuction for double chin.

+1

By your photos, it appears that you might be a good candiate anatomically for liposuction of the chin if the overlying skin has good elasticity. 

I would caution that this is a quick fix of one area and that a more healthful approach would be a great weight loss program. Your emotional response to seeing photos and bringing tears says that this is a very troublesome for you. Is this a large enough issue that you continually focus and it disrupts your life? If so, I would recommend discussing this at length with your surgeon. Good luck.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Double chin reduction

+1

From your photos, it does appear that you would be a candidate for liposuction of the under chin/neck area.  This should help to improve your double chin, although generalized weight loss would probably help as well or in addition to the liposuction.  The cost is going to vary so you will need to check around your area to see what your options might be.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon