Double Chin, Neck and Jaw Line? (photo)

I am 29 years old and have double chin and fat neck also cheeks look fuller. My face is round with no prominent jaw line. Can liposuction help my case for slimming my neck,double chin and cheeks. I have attached my pics.

Neck liposuction at 29

+2

Thank you for the photos. My thoughts for you -

• I would have your thyroid checked with a TSH blood test. One photo suggests thyroid enlargement. A young woman should have a TSH < 2.5.
  • Your photos suggests weight may be an issue for you. I would suggest that you start a healthy eating + exercise program, perhaps with professional help. You are young and beautiful, I want you to stay healthy too.
  • Neck and jaw liposuction can definitely give you better lower face and neck definition. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Liposuction in the neck

+1

Your neck can be very nicely treated with liposuction- cases such as yours are treated in this way very frequently.  Lipo in the cheek is not a great idea, however, but refinement in the neck will give a very nice improvement and you may find your cheeks appear better when your jawline is more defined.

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Suction of the neck and chin in younger patients is an excellent procedure performed under local anesthesia.

+1

If fat in the surplus is demonstrated in the photograph is the cause for obliquity in the neck, liposuction is an excellent modestly invasive technique. It often can be performed under local anesthesia with a small access point in the chin.

Liposuction Options

+1

Liposculpting of the face and neck, in addition to buccal fat pad removal can produce the illusion of a more slender, sculpted face. Two factors that will provide a favorable  outcome is good tissue composition and skin elasticity. Best of luck. 

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Derounding The Fat Face And Neck

+1

The rounder fuller face and neck is always a challenge to get a significant slimming effect, particularly in someone who has thick skin which almost all such patients do. Removal of fat can be done by liposuction of the neck and perioral mounds as well as a subtotal buccal lipectomy. This is the most fat removal that can be done in the face and neck.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Chin and Jawline Liposuction

+1

Chin and Jawline Liposuction may produce a very nice result.  An exam to determine skin laxity as well as a discussion about goals and expectations should be performed before a decision is made.

Liposuction and Chin Augmentation Can Help With Jaw Line Definition

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.  Excess weight that is carried in the neck can hide the landmarks of your chin and jaw line.  Weight loss will help substantially,  and liposuction can also be used to decrease the fat layer that camouflages your bony anatomy.  A chin augmentation may be of additional value to increase the distance from chin to neck and balance your profile.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Liposuction for double chin

+1

Yes, liposuction is a very good option to treat the double chin in patients such as yourself.  Specifically, I have found that SmartLipo liposuction can give dramatic improvement in treating this area.

Arnold S. Breitbart, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Double Chin, Neck and Jaw Line? (photo)

+1

Yes Lipo could "improve" but try 20 pound weight loss first to help increase the results after liposuction. 

Double Chin, Neck and Jaw Line?

+1

As the other consultants have told you, liposuction may be a good answer. It really takes an examination to tell. Lipo works well for fat in front of the platysmal muscle of the neck, but sometimes it is behind the muscle so lipo is not good and sometimes the contours are partly due to a thick digastric muscle. I personally find I get the best result in young patients with a neck like yours by using "open" liposuction. We make a small incision under the skin and lift the neck skin up. We can see where the fat is and either suck it out or surgically remove the fat or part of the muscle if that is necessary.  

Ronald V. DeMars, MD