Double Chin and Loose Jawline

Hi, I am 24 years old and am having some concerns with my jawline and lack of facial volume. I am 130lbs 5'5 in height, yet my face is lacking definition and I have double skin effects both under my chin and on the sides of my jaw.

I seem to have lost volume, but am now showing signs of a double chin and jawline doubles on the sides. If you look in the picture I provided, the circle labeled #1 I am showing a concave look in the sides of my face. In the other circles I seem to have a double skin effect that is major when I lay down/tilt my face to the sides. What are my options to give me a fuller yet smoother face. Thanks a lot!!!

Volume for face

+1

Fillers or fat transfer may be an option fo you. Your features are likely genetic and at your age liposuction may be a reasonable option because your skin will naturally tighten after the excess fat is removed.. Check with a plastic surgeon in your area.

Chin Liposuction

+1

Use of fillers such as Juvederm, Sculptura, Radiesse, and Artefill are all options including fat transfer.  Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who offers these options and then can guide you through the choices.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Too early / young for cosmetic facial surgery

+1

Your photograph is not ideal to determine how much of this is a fat issue and how much is a skin issue. What I can tell you is from what I can see, I'd suggest you avoid any surgery procedures. You appear to be an attractive young lady who might be being overly critical of your appearance. Yes, it appears that you might have some fat volume deficiency which is causing what you describe but from what I can see, it isn't something that necessarily takes away from your overall attractiveness. If it is really something that bothers you, this can usually be corrected quite easily with fat grafting from your abdomen or hip area. Cheeks and jaw line are fairly common areas for fat grafting. This would likely be your best bet but you are probably safe to wait a good ten years before I'd recommend it.

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Otpiotns for young adult

+1

I would agree with Dr. Blinski, in that you are young and are being overly harsh on yourself and your appearance.

You are too young for this type of surgery

+1

I would not recommend any intervention at this time.  More pics would be helpful- however, even a model holding her face and neck in certain positions will see some folds and depressions.  You are too young for these type of anti aging treatments.  Be very careful - you can end up looking very fake and distorted - think Michael Jackson- by making poor decisions now.

David Shuter, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Double Chin and Loose Jawline

+1

Thanks for the posted photo. My first impression is you are a very pretty young lady, why concern yourself with surgery now. But if you are set on this course than I recommend Smart lipo on chin and Adistem fat grafts to face for stem cell implantation. Best of luck From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski 305 598 0091