Will Double Chin Lipo Help Me? (photo)

Dear Doctors, I am 40 yo male, asian, thin and tall. Due to unusual skull structure have a double chin which adds visually a few years to my real age. Please advise if the double chin liposuction will help me to look better. Thank you in advance.

Liposuction of the neck is a simple procedure performed under local anesthesia.

+2

In a 40-year-old male with fullness of the neck most likely this is the product of excess fat. That appears to be the case in the photograph. Liposuction performed under local anesthesia should give an excellent result.

Will Double Chin Liposuction Help

+2

The liposuction by itself will probably not give you the result you want due to skin laxity and other anatomic constraints.  Sometimes a neck lift is needed to address subplatysmal fat, muscle laxity and skin laxity.  An exam would be necessary to say definitively.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Fatty deposits in the neck

+2

The pictures show a very unnatural pose and it is difficult to get a accurate determination of the  amount of fat present in the neck. There is the presence of sub-platysmal fat as well as sub-mental fat, and both types of fat  must be  removed to address a full neck rejuvenation. Simple liposuction will not remove the sub-platysmal fat and patient's will have  residual fatty deposits present and a poor  jaw neck angle. Please see the link below for examples similar to your own neck

Liposuction for double chin

+2

From your pictures, it's difficult to tell if you are a candidate for liposuction of the neck or not.  I think you would need to be examined in person to tell for sure.  Normally, everyone can make themselves have a double chin when they push their chin down and back.  This does not mean that liposuction would be helpful.  A picture like your last one with your chin horizontal but not tilted up might be helpful (without your chin pushed back).  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Submental Smartlipo

+1

Thank you for posting a picture. It looks as if you would be an ideal candidate for Submental Smartlipo. This procedure will remove unwanted fat deposits while tightening the skin; it will give you a full jawline contour. Good luck in your decision!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Chin and neck liposucton for a double chin

+1

Chin and neck liposuction can correct excess fat.  I would combine the procedure with some skin tightening lasers to improve skin texture and laxity. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Chin liposuction or "Submental liposuction" can help define your neckline

+1

If your skin is not too loose liposuction can help.  With a proper exam a plastic surgeon can tell you if liposuction is enough or if you will need liposuction with a limited neck lift.

Dev Wali, MD