Appearance of Double Chin After Chin Implant?

I got a chin implant done about 2 months ago (along with liposuction), and now when I smile it looks like I have a double chin (you can see where my old chin ends and where the new one ends). My doctor says that it takes a while for my skin to grow over the implant and that is the reason.

Is this true? How long does it take to fully recover? It is frustrating because everytime I smile my double chin is still there.

Chin implants likely need a touch up

+1

Agree with the previous poster. A well placed chin implant should simply not be visible. The fact that you can see it at 2 months after the surgery means that either the implant or the mentalis muscle is out of place. I would consult with your original doctor to determine what can be done to improve this.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Could be a couple of things

+1

If you're noticing your chin lower than the implant than you have a problem call "witches chin." This is a result of failure to reattach the mentalis muscle. If you notice the implant lateral to your natural chin then the implant is either too big of just wasn't modified enough.

I'd suggest getting a second or third opinion.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon