I Want To Make Sure They Look Normal 10 Days Post BA? (photo)

I had my breast augmentation 10 days ago and one breast looks very off. Just wanted to make sure that they look the way they should. My right breast is the one that is bugging me, my left breast dropped nicely but afraid will drop to low. I am 5'5 110 pounds with 500cc in the left breast and 460 in the right breast. I had a bit of asymmetry to start so I understand they wont be perfect. In addition my right breast was a bit larger preop

Dropping Of Breast Implants

+1

Dear Jessica,

Thank you for sharing your photos.

At 10 days post-op, it is too early to judge your results. Time and patience are required at this moment as breast implants tend to settle in their pockets at different paces. Final results can take 6-8 months to get established.

I encourage you to keep your surgeon in the loop of your recovery process as he/she knows the full details of your surgery and can guide you well.

Please follow the post-op ambulatory instructions given by your surgeon to help achieve the best results possible.

Thank you for your inquiry and best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

It's to Early

+1

The swelling may be down to a point where you can buy a bra that may not change in volume but the shape of the breast is not completed for at least 6 weeks, therefore, do not expect normality in 10 days.

John S. Poser, MD

Breast implants settling down at different pace

+1

Hi you are only 10 days out and your implants are still trying to settle down but at a different pace. please be patient and follow up with your surgeon as recommended. implants can take several weeks to a few months to settle down and one implant can be ahead of the other during that time.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Are Breasts Progressing After Augmentation?

+1

It appears from your photos that you are progressing at different rates - which is common for an augmentation procedure - and without preoperative photos it is very difficult to give you more detailed information. however, you are right about the asymmetry and there is an area on the bottom right of the right breast that is flat in its appearance. This is an area to watch as there is some visible indentation on the lateral/side view. This may all resolve with time over the next several months, but stay in contact with your doctor to keep a close eye on your progress.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

10 Days After Breast Augmentation

+1

There is no question it's too early to tell what you will look like ultimately. I don't even take after pictures of my patients until they are at least six months post-op. Please keep in mind that all breasts have some asymmetries. Additionally, it's very possible you may have had these asymmetries prior to surgery and may have not noticed them. I find that patients tend to look much more closely at their breasts after augmentation than they did prior to surgery. Be patient and reevaluate in a few months.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

Hello and thanks for the question.

In evaluation of your photos I can definitely appreciate some asymmetry between breasts, but as several of my colleagues have pointed out, your early post-op course makes it difficult to come to any definitive conclusions.  I would give your breasts time to heal, perform the prescribed post-op breast massages, and follow-up with your plastic surgeon during regularly scheduled visits. 

Kindest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Postop breast asymmetry

+1
Breasts do not start out symmetrical and, therefore, will not be symmetrical after an augmentation. Enlarging their sized will make any asymmetry more apparent. You are only 10 days postop and it is far too soon to reach any conclusions as to prognosis. This is a large augment for your body and you need to allow things to heal.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Checking up post op results

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos. Generally speaking, it takes 4-6 months for the implants to settle. During that period one side may look bigger or higher or different than the other side. I think you are doing fine. Follow your post operative instruction and communicate any question to your plastic surgeon.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Breast asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

I have found that the larger the implant and the smaller the patient "frame," the greater the possibility of asymmetry right after surgery.  A 500 cc implant is a fairly large implant for your frame and may take a little longer to fall into your on breasts.  It is very common to see a little asymmetry as the implants take their individual time to drop no matter what size implant, though.  It is best to follow your plastic surgeon's instructions to massage or do upper body work-outs to help this along.  It is prudent to wait at least six months before considering any revisional surgery for asymmetry.  You may be pleasantly surprised to see desired changes in just how a couple of weeks just by allowing some time to pass!

Eric A. Marchant, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation asymmetry

+1

Asymmetry is a very common reason for re-operation. However, I would recommend using a breast band asymmetrically or their are various bras available on the internet that can do this.

The principle is to essentially push one implant down while supporting the other breast.  Some patients have used a push up bra and cut one side out.

Pramit Malhotra, MD
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon