Double Bubble? (photo)

4 months ago I had 450 HP gel unders, from a 34B to D. My left breast was bigger, the fold was also higher. ONLY the left breast required benilli and areola reduction. The left now has a slight indentation that worsens when I raise arms, otherwise it's hard to see. Is this DB or swelling? I can feel the edge of the implant a bit. I am shocked, my PS is highly acclaimed and an international speaker on the subject. First 2 pictures are taken with my arms down, the second two with arms up

Double Bubble?

+1

Yes a very minor "double bubble" but need to see front views. And seek other IN PERSON opinions. I think this is an acceptable result based on the limited info given. 

Double Bubble

+1

Thanks for your question.  Your question is almost a descriptive answer.  The implant now sits below the bottom portion of where the breast used to be prior to your surgery.  This is technically a "double bubble", but yours is very mild.  It is also very early and your scar will very likely continue to soften and improve.  This could very well lessen the overall indentation that you see now.  Give things time.  It should improve.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Shocked after breast augmentation

+1

You said it all in your question. Your left fold was higher and the breast slightly bigger. You needed a periareolar lift to raise the distance nipple to fold on the left only, and you wonder why after four months there is still a subtle line where the fold was lowered when you raise your arm. Really? Give things several months to relax and settle in, even a year as you are asking quite alot from your 'difficult' side and your surgeon.

Double bubble after augmentation?

+1

Dear Robyn.  Sorry you're having problems.   It's hard  to tell in the photos you sent, but it does appear that you have a left-sided double bubble.  This may have been caused if your surgeon had to lower your fold to match the right side. Many times, the double bubble goes away if you wait long enough.  If it doesn't I wouldn't be too upset with your "highly acclaimed" surgeon.  It relates more to the "memory" of your soft tissues that created the fold and not your surgeon's skill.  Asymmetric breasts are a challenge.  If your implants are level at the top and your nipples are level, then count your blessings and thank your surgeon for a job well done.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Frontal picture would be helpful

+1

It is hard to see the results from the limited views. The best would be to send your before and after pictures. The combination of the lift and implant is a difficult procedure. You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon and if not send better pictures.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon