Double Bubble and Uneven Breast Implants?

My breasts lost fullness and began to sag after breastfeeding. I wanted to regain fuller cleavage before my wedding at the end of June this year, and was advised to have implants, and a lift later if needed (was strongly advised against both at same time). I had 460cc silicone round implants, under the muscle. However, 3 weeks post-op, I have one implant REALLY high up, and both breasts with skin literally hanging off the bottom of the implants; they look deformed, and I'm distraught. Is this double bubble deformity? What could be done, and when? Thank you.

Not double bubble, but may need intervention

+1

Hi there-

It doesn't sound like you have a true double bubble deformity, but you do have a problem. While many surgeons are reluctant to perform breast lift and augmentation at the same time, because it does require a greater expertise and level of experience, it does sound like this may have benefitted you. Occasionally what you are describing improves all by itself over a bit more time as well...

I would contact your surgeon and stop in for a visit. It may be that something in your postoperative routine needs to be altered to improve the outcome, or that a minor intervention by your surgeon could salvage the outcome. The success of these maneuvers is usually related to the timing... the longer the implants sit in the less-favorable locations the greater the likelihood that this will persist long term without an intervention.

Good luck, and I hope you get what you wanted.

A lift may have been helpful

+1

Every patient is different almost like many plastic surgeons have different ideas about what they feel is the right approach. I perform a lot of combined breast lifts with breast augmentations but there are some plastic surgeons who chose to stage them. I would return to your plastic surgeon to discuss your options to decrease the excess skin and maybe lower the implant that is too high.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS