Can Double Bubble Give Pain 3 Years On?

Hi, I had breast implants about 7 years ago,after having a baby ( 3 years ago ) I got double bubble,I went back and tried to get the problem corrected,but all they did was remove my old implants and replace them with bigger implants ( my breasts had increased in size with pregnancy ). After the opp I still had double bubble, it's now 3 years on and I am experiencing pain in both breasts, I don't know if this has anything to do with starting exercising or the double bubble? Please advise

Pain in breasts and double bubble

+2

First the pain may be unrelated to a double bubble and you should have that evaluated in person. As for  the double bubble, it would be helpful to see photos. if the implants is ridging low below the fold, it may cause a double bubble. If the breast has a narrow base with a large implant underneath, that may cause a double bubble.  Fixing the fold or expanding the breast lower pole with scoring can be options for different causes.

Pain 3 Years after Breast Augmentation Revisionary Surgery??

+2

There are a variety of reasons why patients may experience pain after breast augmentation surgery. In person examination would be necessary to provide you with precise diagnosis and recommendations.

For example, breast implant displacement/ malposition may be a source of discomfort for some patients;  in these cases, the pressure of a  breast implant  on the under surface of the patient's skin may be the source of discomfort.  For these patients,  support of the involved area ( manually or with a supportive bra) may help alleviate the discomfort and be helpful in  making the diagnosis of the cause of discomfort.

For some patients, breast implant encapsulation may be the source of discomfort/pain.  Generally, these patients will present with firmness of the breasts  and/or change of breast implant shape/position.

Pay attention to your discomfort and its relation to exercise or vigorous activity;  If there is a direct temporal relationship, you may have the answer ( musculoskeletal strain).

Again, in person consultation with your plastic surgeon will be your best source of accurate information/recommendations.

Double bubble and discomfort

+2

A double bubble following breast augmentation is usually not associated with discomfort.  Usually discomfort is caused by irritation of the nerves that start from the ribs and sternum and innervate the nipple.

David Stoker, MD

Can Double Bubble Give Pain 3 Years On?

+1

This far out from surgery, the only thing related to the breast surgery that is likely to cause pain is a capsular contracture. 

Patients with and without implants get breast pain, and the breast doctors are usually better at diagnosing the cause than are the plastic surgeons. Often the causes are musculoskeletal or gastrointestinal, and have nothing to do with the breasts. 

Thanks for your question, best wishes.