Is This a Double Bubble or Will It Fade? (photo)

I am 3 weeks post op and the fold seems to have been lowered too much, but I can live with that. The real question concerns an odd bulge or "bubble" on lower left breast. Dr. says it will fade. However, I fear it's commensurate with the lowness of fold and that therefore it will worsen with time (ie, it gravity will make it worse). So, will gravity cause it to fade or to protude even more? They're 420 cc's. I was originally A with no breast tissue. Also, what about highly visible scars?

Early concerns after augmentation

+2

You look fine for only 3 weeks after surgery.  Your breasts will continue to change significantly over the next few months, and the bulges that concern you will likely improve.  Your tissues are still swollen and will stretch and relax and I'm willing to bet you will end up thrilled with your decision to have had surgery.  

Your fold had to be lowered because an implant of that size would have given you a shelf of excessive upper pole fullness if more room had not been made in the lower breast.  So the implant is now pushing against the old breast crease which needs time to stretch.  It is likely this will improve significantly if not completely over the coming months.  Some internal releases may be needed in the worst case scenario- these are always done during the initial surgery in my practice and it is likely that your surgeon did the same.  Try and be patient- it's the hardest part of plastic surgery!

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Dreaded Double Bubble

+1

This is a double bubble.  It will not fade with time usually. It require a revision that will either soften the fold keeping the existing implant size.  The other option would be to decrease the implant size so that the original fold can be reestablished.

Dr.ES

Breast implants

+1

Your photo suggests you have a "double bubble". Some surgeons do this intentionally by lowering your fold. Often it will resolve with time leaving your " new fold" lower than the original.

You should talk to your surgeon to see if it was done intentionally, or not. If not, then he may make some suggestions. 

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Double Bubble

+1

You're correct in your conclusion that the bulge and the change in fold position are related.  Generally they don't get better, and are likely to get worse until your capsule is fully formed (one to three months).  In the mean time, do support with bra that provides as much pressure as possible in the inframammary area (underwire bra ideal, but your surgeon might object).  Scarring on someone with your skin type shouldn't be an issue.

It is not that your surgeon executed the surgery incorrectly, the problem started in the preoperative planning. You simply were not a candidate for this size implant, at least as an initial surgery.  Sit tight and wait at least 3 months, then reassess. 

Best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.drminniti.com

Double bubble

+1

It looks like you have a double bubble. You may want to talk to your doctor about this to be evaluated.  Some surgeons would reinforce the inframammary fold. I like the thong bra in this situation.  

Please wait

+1

You are early post surgery to do revision and need to wait. I do not think that will improve by time,but without in person exam, it is hard to be sure. Please continue to see your surgeon and let him/her to help you to resolve this issue.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Double bubble deformity in the early post op setting

+1

The lower bulge is likely the contour of the implant, with the previous infra-mammary fold creating the crease that you are seeing. I agree that waiting a few weeks to see if this issue 'fades' - but I would strongly recommend wearing a supportive bra for several weeks in hope of stabilizing the new infra-mammary fold position. Stay in touch with your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.scottsattlermd.com/SurgicalProcedures_RevisionalCosmeticBreastSurgery_681958.aspx

Double Bubble?

+1

If you had an element of constriction or the NAC to IMF distance was short, the fold would have been lowered out of necessity.  The fold can be taped at this point to prevent further migration.  At this early date, you will need to wait to determine how the area around the IMF scars. 

Concerns about “Double Bubble” after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. As you know,  given that you are 3 weeks out of breast augmentation surgery,  it is too early to evaluate the end results of the procedure performed. At this point, is not possible to state with any degree of certainty whether the “bulge”  on the left breast will be permanent and/or worsen with time.  Similarly, it is hard to predict exactly where the scar line will end up once your breasts have reached a “stable state” several months from now.

At this point,  all you can do is continue to exercise patience and continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon who knows your situation best.

Best wishes; hopefully, you'll be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm