Double Bubble 5 Days After Surgery

I had breast augmentation 5 days ago and 2 days ago started noticing the my left looks different than my right at the bottom. The right one sits where it should whereas with the left one i can actually feel the bottom of the implant in the crease. Does this look like a double bubble or is the breast still just in the process of "settling"? Also, if it is a double bubble is there anything than can be done to fix this? Thanks so much for all answers.

5 days after breast augmentation. Do I have a double buble?

+2

It would have been so helpful to see a preop. picture. But it seems to me that you have a slight double bubble deformity to the left breast. This is due to the presence of a high and tight infra-mammary crease and ptosis of the breast. The surgeon tried to lower the crease to fill the lower pole of the breast but because the crease is tight you see the double bubble. As far as the treatment; you may get some improvement by wrapping an ace bandage to push the left implant down. If this doesn't work you will need a Mastopexy. The breast ptosis is one of the causes of a double bubble. you obviously have to discuss all of this with your surgeon. If he is and experience plastic surgeon he will give you detailed explanation of all these issue if not you may have to find someone with a lot of experience in cosmetic breast  surgery. Good luck to you.

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants - Double-Bubble, Settling, Asymmetry at 5 Days Post-Op

+1

Hi Natee_007 in Ft Campbell, KY,

It would be helpful to see a preoperative photo of you.

I don't know if the photo is taken in a mirror (ie, are Right and Left reversed?) but it looks like your right breast in the frontal view photo was actually a little lower than the left before.  It's possible that you could have benefited from a small lift procedure on that side to produce greater symmetry.

However, this is all conjecture on my part.  The simple fact is that it is too early to make a determination of what your final result will be, as it can take several weeks, if not months, for them to settle.  Assuming, though, that your relatively tight inframammary creases were recognized preoperatively and treated intraoperatively (ie, released directly or at least adequately enough to allow the implants to settle into appropriate positions) I would expect your result to be very nice, and particularly so if you were able to get by without a lift of any kind.

You should, of course, stay in touch with your plastic surgeon, who's the only who knows what you looked like before and exactly what was done during the surgery.  Hopefully, everything (ie, both implants!) will just settle into place and give you the result you wanted.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS