I have Double Bubble 1 Week Post-Op Breast Augmentation, What can I do? (photo)?

I did an augmentation breast surgery few days ago ( in 17 november, 2011). Five days after, I noted a ripple above to the inframmary fold incision like an another IMF. This "new infra-mammary fold" is becoming high while the silicon proteses is going down. My surgeon doesn't know what could be happened. Can I have your help, please. I´m sending some photos for ilustrate my problem. What can I do now? Thanks a lot, Amanda - São Paulo/Brazil.

Double Bubble

+3

At this point there isn't much to tell you other than to wait.  The 'double bubble' that you see is not an issue of implant 'settling'...rather it is an issue of the muscle pulling tight across the implant.  If you flex your chest muscle you will see the 'line' across your breast pull in.  Over time the muscle should stretch out and that will likely alleviate the issue a bit.  If the muscle does not relax enough then some of what you're seeing may persist.  In that case the only thing to do reliably is a revision.

Web reference: http://www.psurgery.com

“Double bubble” after Breast Augmentation?

+3

At this stage in your recovery there is not much that you can do but be patient and allow for ongoing time for healing,  before judging the final results of surgery. It will take several months before the final outcome of surgery can be evaluated;  during this time swelling/inflammation will subside and the breast implants will “settle” into their final positions.

Your plastic surgeon may have more specific suggestions ( such as taping or use of supportive bra) depending on his/her experience and  after examining you in person.

In the long run if implant  malposition is the outcome,   capsulorraphy ( internal suture repair)  may be helpful in improving the results of surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastrevision.htm

Double Bubble

+2

It is  very possible that the lower pole may stretch out with the implant.  If it does not improve over the  next few months, you may need a revision.

+2

Your posted photos show a left "double bubble"effect. Were you asymmetric before surgery? I wonder. At this point allow a few months of healing than consider re operation or fat grafts to the effect. 

Double Bubble

+2

This is a difficult problem and re-operation is the only answer.  You are in the early healing phase and it may improve as the skin stretches.  The implant is just too low.

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscocosmetic-surgery.com/

May need revision surgery

+2

I am not sure what exactly happened but you seem to have a surgeon who recognizes the problem.  First let your incisins heal, then consider options together.

Double Bubble after Breast Augmentation

+2

Yes, it looks like a double bubble on on side. You should wait a few months to see if this crease improves.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants and double bubbles

+2

Without seeing before photos it is hard to know but I suspect your surgeon tried to lower your left fold which was higher than the right in an attempt to make you more symmetric. Without doing so it may have looked worse than just a double bubble. You will likely need a revision but you should be patient until all the swelling has resolved in order not to create additional problems. The best person to do that revision is your current surgeon.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

You will need to wait for the revision surgery

+2

You do have double bubbled and the reason for the DB is detachment of the infra mammary fold ligaments. If you look at your before pictures,you will notice that your breasts are very uneven. You surgeon tried to lower your left breast fold but the implants were lowered too low.You should get revision in 3 months.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Double bubble

+2

Right now you need to wait and fully heal. Follow the directions of your plastic surgeon. You may or may not need a corrective surgery.