I have Double Bubble 1 Week Post-Op Breast Augmentation, What can I do? (photo)?

I did an augmentation breast surgery few days ago ( in 17 november, 2011). Five days after, I noted a ripple above to the inframmary fold incision like an another IMF. This "new infra-mammary fold" is becoming high while the silicon proteses is going down. My surgeon doesn't know what could be happened. Can I have your help, please. I´m sending some photos for ilustrate my problem. What can I do now? Thanks a lot, Amanda - São Paulo/Brazil.

Double Bubble

At this point there isn't much to tell you other than to wait.  The 'double bubble' that you see is not an issue of implant 'settling'...rather it is an issue of the muscle pulling tight across the implant.  If you flex your chest muscle you will see the 'line' across your breast pull in.  Over time the muscle should stretch out and that will likely alleviate the issue a bit.  If the muscle does not relax enough then some of what you're seeing may persist.  In that case the only thing to do reliably is a revision.

1035 Park Ave
New York, NY 10021

“Double bubble” after Breast Augmentation?

At this stage in your recovery there is not much that you can do but be patient and allow for ongoing time for healing,  before judging the final results of surgery. It will take several months before the final outcome of surgery can be evaluated;  during this time swelling/inflammation will subside and the breast implants will “settle” into their final positions.

Your plastic surgeon may have more specific suggestions ( such as taping or use of supportive bra) depending on his/her experience and  after examining you in person.

In the long run if implant  malposition is the outcome,   capsulorraphy ( internal suture repair)  may be helpful in improving the results of surgery.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Double Bubble

It is  very possible that the lower pole may stretch out with the implant.  If it does not improve over the  next few months, you may need a revision.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Your posted photos show a left "double bubble"effect. Were you asymmetric before surgery? I wonder. At this point allow a few months of healing than consider re operation or fat grafts to the effect. 

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Double Bubble

This is a difficult problem and re-operation is the only answer.  You are in the early healing phase and it may improve as the skin stretches.  The implant is just too low.

Miguel Delgado, MD

450 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94108

May need revision surgery

I am not sure what exactly happened but you seem to have a surgeon who recognizes the problem.  First let your incisins heal, then consider options together.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

1870 Keller Parkway
Keller, TX 76248

Double Bubble after Breast Augmentation

Yes, it looks like a double bubble on on side. You should wait a few months to see if this crease improves.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

2333 W Irving Park Rd
Chicago, IL 60618

Breast implants and double bubbles

Without seeing before photos it is hard to know but I suspect your surgeon tried to lower your left fold which was higher than the right in an attempt to make you more symmetric. Without doing so it may have looked worse than just a double bubble. You will likely need a revision but you should be patient until all the swelling has resolved in order not to create additional problems. The best person to do that revision is your current surgeon.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

120 South Spalding
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

You will need to wait for the revision surgery

You do have double bubbled and the reason for the DB is detachment of the infra mammary fold ligaments. If you look at your before pictures,you will notice that your breasts are very uneven. You surgeon tried to lower your left breast fold but the implants were lowered too low.You should get revision in 3 months.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

3901 Veterans Blvd
Metairie, LA 70002

Double bubble

Right now you need to wait and fully heal. Follow the directions of your plastic surgeon. You may or may not need a corrective surgery.

Michael Hueneke, MD

1914 Charlotte Avenue
Nashville, TN 37203