Double Bubble/Animation Deformity. 2 correction options. Which one is better? I have 400CC Saline Under Muscle Implants (photos)

I know its hard to tell without being examined. But, I was diagnosed with double bubble/animation deformity by both my surgeon and a 2nd surgeon I saw for a second opinion. Surgeon #2 recommended Strattice and revision of the IMF and breast pocket. However, my surgeon has stated he does not want to use Strattice and suggests replacing my implants with textured silicone implants, under the muscle, along with revision of the IMF and pocket. Is what my surgeon suggesting going to correct the problem efficiently?

Double bubble deformity

+1
Thank you for your picture. I don't think I will use the STRATTICE either. I would downsize your implants and internally fix your fold. Additionally I will revise your scar. You're going to get multiple opinions from multiple sources you have to be comfortable with the opinion that makes most sense to you and the surgeon that you have the most confidence in.

Double bubble

+1
A double bubble basic treatment is to correct the breast fold.If the breast implant is diameter is too large for the breast base, then it should be made smaller as well. Strattice can be used to reinforce the repair but may not be necessary in all cases.

Double bubble treatment

+1
Double bubble can be not only difficult to treat but can be approached different ways.  It is implssible toadvise you over the internet as to how to choose amongst particular advice for a particular situation.  I would say that in general you should listen to each surgeon and the logic of the explinaton and proposed plan.  Also remember that there may be more than one way to approach a particular issue - so it is not necessarly a situaton of you figuring out which plan is right and which is wrong.

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

Double bubble

+1
Thank you for the photos but without a full examination  and history  it is difficult to comment.  Certainly this can be corrected without strattice which would save you money

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Double Bubble/Animation Deformity. 2 correction options. Which one is better? I have 400CC Saline Under Muscle Implants

+1
I just want to makes it more confusing by suggesting fat grafting to area with rigotomies to release the indentations as a third alternative. You see there are many options available... 

Split muscle technique for animation/double bubble

+1
When animation and double bubble occur together, the cause is the attachment of the muscle to the capsule. The muscle pulls on the capsule causing the groove across the bottom of the breast. For this reason, repairing the IMF will not solve the problem. Strattice can help by bridging from the muscle to the IMF but I would only use that if the tissue coverage is thin or there is a capsular contracture. The split muscle technique is a very effective option. I can send you my article on the subject if you like.

Richard Baxter, MD