Double Bubble After 3 Surgeries

underwent an increase mammaire in 2001 result a double bubble was created…. The doctor said to me that there was nothing to make. In 2006, another surgeon proposed to cut (to weaken) the pectoral muscle, after several months it returned, not having more money for a reoperation, I lived with a complex which cannot carry bikini with a low neckline…. 2010, I paid for a reoperation, the doctor then suggested me a breast lift to remove this double bubble but after the operation that seemed better because my centres were swollen but there it is similar as before any improvement, I am not born any more when my problem will be solved, and I am very complexed by it…. Can this problem be solved?

VIDEO (CLICK HERE) Double Bubble After 3 Surgeries PHOTO

+2

IT appears that your implants are large which may increase the potential for descent of the implant and persistence of the double bubble. The options I would consider include downsizing or use of a neopectoral pocket or removal and replacement at a later date.

Tough double bubble problem

+2

The only way that I can see fixing this is for you to have substantially smaller implants and a crease repair.  Staying the size you are, you are going to have this DB forever.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation/lifting revision?

+1

Thank you for the question picture.

One of the most common complications after breast augmentation surgery is implant mal-position. This occurs when the implant is in an incorrect position on the chest wall. This may include incorrect position of the implant superiorly (“riding high”), inferiorly (“bottoming out”), medially (“symmastia or uni-boob”) or laterally (falling outward into the axilla).

Bottoming out involves inferior migration of the implants. This causes the nipple areola complex to appear too high on the breasts. Also, the distance from the areola to the inframammary fold is too great. This is corrected by “raising” the inframammary fold using internal sutures. This is done after careful measurements are made from the areola to the “new” inframammary fold.

I think that the best way to reliably revise your breast augmentation procedure is by removing skin and breast implant (capsulorraphy)  along the horizontal (inframammary fold) area. 

I have attached a link of a very similar patient's situation you may find helpful. Best wishes.

Double bubble

+1

I really think you would benefit from downsizing.  This alone will probably not correct the problem.  You will also need some internal capsule work to try to re-establish your fold, possibly even more skin excision.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon for sure!

Tiffany McCormack, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Double bubble repair

+1

Your case is a classic but unfortunate example of how important it is to get the first repair done correctly, or a series of failed efforts can follow. There are two issues, one of which is lack of support on the bottom half, which none of your surgeries have addressed. The other, which is related, is that the muscle has been cut from its attachment to the ribs, which is routine but contributes to both the movement downward of the implant and creating the double bubble crease becasue it now attaches to the implant capsule. I agree with the other posts that the implants are oversized but going smaller without addressing the other causes will not solve the problem.  The Strattice internal living bra procedure works well for this. I can send info on request.

Richard Baxter, MD

Double bubble

+1

You may want to go with smaller implants, and possibly add alloderm to support the lower pole better. This may do the trick.