Looking for a Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to Do Tummy Tuck and Non-traditional Lipo in Vancouver, BC or Seattle

I need a tummy tuck and lipo (tumescent,ultrasound,smartlipo, etc.) of my luv handles and back area especially for my back / bra rolls. I am a very healthy, non-smoker, 2 months PP (not breastfeeding), 5'3" and currently 117 lbs. I am looking to have surgery in Feb or Mar. I want a doc who offers their patients a pain relief pump postop. I have been doing extensive research and some say a TT is worse than childbirth!! OUCH! Any recommendations anyone???? I am willing to drive to Seattle.

Tummy tucks in Seattle

+3

I applaud your research efforts into tummy tucks.  I am in the Seattle/Bellevue area and do a substantial number of tummy tucks.  I am double board certified and TT is one of the only operations I do anymore along with all breast surgeries and facelifts.  So I consider it a specialty of mine.

That being said, I would like to poitely ammend your search parameters a bit.  First of all, a double board certified surgeon is a good choice because they have lots of abdominal surgery experience.  But that alone doesn't make for a good result.

A pain pump is never necessary in my practice as we are always able to do just fine with narcotics and muscle relaxants so don't make that a line in the sand either.

Scheduling is also an issue as most doctors would recommend you wait a few more months before doing this and to be sure you are done having kids.  I personally couldn't even see you until Feb/Mar 2011 so surgery couldn't be done for a few months later.  But that is in your best interest because this isn't an emergency and you should go to a very busy surgeon.

Finally, the type of liposuction isn't critical becasue lasers etc don't do any better than tumescent lipo as far as skin shrinkage is concerned.  Your needs for lipo should also be very minimal.

Check out the photos of many surgeons and look carefully at the contours of the abdomen.  I try to make mine look very muscular and personally think some other's photos look rather flat.  Just personal preference.

Remember that no 2 surgeons are the same and you need to choose the best for you and do this only once.

Good luck and be patient with the process! 

Choosing your Surgeon?

+1

When choosing a plastic surgeon it is important to  do your due diligence carefully. You will find that well-trained, well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons are extremely capable managing a variety of different procedures and the potential complications  associated with the procedures
I  am sure there are many well-qualified plastic surgeons in your area. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery  to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. The surgeons will generally be well-versed in a  variety of procedures that may be indicated based on your examination and goals.

Dobule board certified surgeon

+1

I would serach the ASPS and ASAPS websites for surgeons in your area and confirm their credentials by visiting their websites and confirming their hospital privieges.

Finding the right plastic surgeon for you.

+1

I recommend you select a plastic surgeon board certified by the american board of plastic surgery.   Double board certified sounds impressive (and not to take away from this accomplishment/credential), but if the other board certification is in general surgery or another specialty, it really doesn't help you much with respect to your cosmetic procedures.   To find an American Society of Plastic Surgeons member  who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeon, please see the link below.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck

+1

Certainly a tummy tuck and liposuction can be done at the same time.  A double board certified doctor can mean anything.  You want a board certified plastic surgeon to do your surgery.

Tummy tuck

+1

I don't of anyone in the seattle area; however, in my opinion, there is no difference in using u/s, smartlipo.  They all use the same tumescent technique, with the additional costs.  As far as the pain is concerned, most of my patients have told me that an abdominoplasty was less painful than child birth or c-section.

Shahin Javaheri, MD