I Want to Remove my Implants but I'm Worried About my Boobs Sagging and my Huge Nipples?

I'm 22 years old with sub muscular 360CC Natrelle Saline-Filled Implants. I underwent a breast aug. & a donut mastopexy 4 months postpartum my 1st pregnancy in August 2010. I'm 31 weeks in my second pregnancy and a 36DDD (I'd like to be a small b, think size of lemons). How soon postpartum can I remove the implants? I don't plan on breastfeeding, and I experience physical discomfort daily. I live in Dothan, Al, are there any dr.'s n the panhandle area you recommend. I'd like smaller areola's.

Timing of Removal of Breast Implants and Breast Lifting after Pregnancy?

+1

I think your best bet is to complete pregnancies, be at least 3 months away from completion of breast-feeding, and achieve a long-term stable weight prior to undergoing breast surgery. Based on your description, you may benefit from removal of breast implants and breast lifting surgery.

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend a specific plastic surgeon to you. Some general thoughts may be helpful in this regard:

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery  to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will likely find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. The surgeons will generally be well-versed in a  variety of procedures that may be indicated based on your examination and goals.

Remove Implants and Areolar Reduction, Possible Lift

+1

You should wait until you have returned to your goal weight and until you have stopped producing milk.  You can then contemplate implant removal, areolar reduction, and a possible lift.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Removing implants after pregnancy

+1

I would recommend waiting until 3 months after you have stopped lactating to have surgery.  If you feel that your breasts are still changing at that time, it would be better to wait until they are completely stable.  It sounds like you might benefit from having a full mastopexy (lift) or even a reduction after removal of the implants, but the only way to know for sure is to be examined once your breasts have decreased in size.  Congratulations on the pregnancy and good luck! 

Michelle Spring, MD

How Long Do I Have to Worry About Possible Seroma After Explant of Breast Implants?

+1

Even if you don't chooses to breast feed, the pregnancy alone will cause changes in the breast, and you would be doing yourself a disservice to have surgery before the breasts have "recovered."  

You will probably need to repeat the donut mastopexy (to reduce the areolas and remove some excess skin), and you may need more skin excision than can be done with just that incision. But until the breasts have decreased in size after the pregnancy that will be hard to judge.

All the best. Thank you for your question.

Removal of implants

+1

It is probably best to wait until several months after delivering.  This way , the milk will have dried up and hopefully you will have gotten down to your pre-pregnancy weight.