Suboxone and Breast Augmentation

If You Are on a Low Dose of Suboxone 2mg, Can You Have Breast Augmentation? Will the Pain Meds. be Enough to Help Subside the Pain?

Suboxone and Breast Augmentation are possible together!

Your prescribing physician can work with your plastic surgeon to decide on a good post-op pain management protocol that is both safe and effective for you. I have done this for numerous BA patients, and they have done well with this procedure. Performed as I do with minimal injury to the ribs, muscle, and other tissues, scant bleeding or bruising, and with use of long-acting local anesthetic inside the breast pocket, IV steroid during anesthesia to reduce inflammation, nausea, and swelling, (non-narcotic) muscle relaxants to reduce muscle spasm, and oral anti-inflammatory medication started pre-operative and continued post-operatively, this is usually not a painful procedure, and many patients do not need or use narcotics or synthetic narcotic pain medications post-op. If they do, many use them only for a day or two, and the other meds listed above (along with ice bags) keep them comfortable! Best wishes!

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Suboxone and Postop Pain meds

I'm guessing that you have a pain management physician that put you on the Suboxone.  You should inform them that you are considering having a breast augmentation and ask them about postoperative pain managment. Best of luck!  David S. Rosenberg, MD

David S. Rosenberg, MD