Will a low dose if Accutane actually work over time?

I can only take a low dose of Accutane (40mg x 3 per week) 20mg other days.. if my dosage is any higher I get really sick. I have read that this will never work and the dose needs to be high for the drug to work? by week 17 it is worse than it started off to be, seems to get worse every day!

Does low dose Accutane work

+1
Low dose Accutane works just fine. You need to be on the meds longer to get the appropriate cumulative dosage of the medication, but I have prescribed low dose regimens my entire career, with much success and happy patients.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."