Low Dosage Accutane for Oil Control and Mild Acne?

I have been reading up on using Accutane to control oil and mild acne. I started with 10mg once every two days for the first week and on the second week I will take 10mg daily. Is 10mg daily enough to control oil? Would it be possible to cut down to 10mg or 20mg once a week? Also, is it safe to do salicylic acid peels when on Accutane? I'm a male Asian, mid-30's and have had oily skin for the last 20 years. Thank-you

Effects of Accutane

+1

Thank you for your question. Accutane is meant to treat severe or resistant acne. If your acne is mild you may not need to be on Accutane and may be able to control your acne with face washes and prescription medications. It is not safe to do any type of peel while on Accutane as this could increase your chances of scarring after these procedures and should not be done until 6 months after you stop. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist with expertise in acne for the most effective and safe treatment options. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist