Why do I have a dorsal hump? (Photo)

I broke my nose a week ago and had a small bump on the right side. I went to see an ENT and she put me under general anaesthesia and manipulated my nose into position to remove the bump. This was done 6 days after my injury. I don't have a bump on the right anymore but I do have a dorsal hump that wasn't there before. Is this likely to be swelling or a more permanent problem? I had the surgery 24 hours ago. She said it all went well but now I'm worried!

Dorsal hump after trauma

+1
You seem to have a smooth natural dorsal hump that may not be related to the trauma but may have been there previously.  With the photos you provided, it is hard to tell.  Nonetheless, allow 4-6 weeks for the final result.  Best wishes!

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Why do I have a dorsal hump?

+1
It is impossible to say at this time. You definitely have swelling at just 24 hours following closed reduction. However, time will tell. The bump might resolve completely as you heal or it might need to be dealt with down the road if it continues to trouble you. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Why do I have a dorsal hump?

+1
Very early and before injury persona; photos posted would help in comparingthe appearance of your nose... You might have had a small hump issue??? ANd now you need to wait at least 6 months to re operate as a full rhinoplasty... 

Hump after nasal fracture

+1
Reducing a nasal fracture does not take care of bumps on the dorsum.  The goal during this acute phase is to centralize the nose. Commonly patients have to return in 6 months or so to have revision to soften bumps.  Of course, yours may be swelling.

Dorsal hump

+1
You are way too early post injury to judge your final result so I would be patient and allow all the swelling to go out of your nose before making any judgements.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon