Dorsal Hump still there after Septo-rhinoplasty? (photo)

I recently had a Septo-Rhinoplasty and asked my surgeon to file down my dorsal hump while i was under, i got my cast removed yesterday after 10 days and it appears my hump is still there, when i was in his office i asked him did he even shave it down but he seems to think he did. is this just mass amounts of swelling or did he not shave it down? I have the review letter on all of what he did but it doesn't make sense to me as its all in doctors terms,

Swelling and hump

+1

It does look like your hump is stil there, but some of it can be swelling. Give it time to heal, you might need a revision.

Dorsal Hump still there after Septo-rhinoplasty?

+1

Is the photo preoperative or postoperative? At any rate, there will be swelling present and there will be additional change in your nose as the months go by.

Dorsal Hump Remains after Rhinoplasty

+1

The photo clearly demonstrates a hump. If it is very early after surgery you should give it time for healing to take its course. Given the profile view I am doubtful though that this hump will go away.

Best is to monitor your progress with your surgeon and discuss revision rhinoplasty not earlier than 6 months after your surgery.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon