Dorsal Hump - Too Much Removed?

i had a rhinoplasty yesterday to remove a dorsal hump and straighten my nose. although my nose was straightened, and the hump was shaved, it appears as though the hump was shaved too low...i was wondering if this is just an early effect ( the nose looks slightly ski slope-ish and feminine,im a male) i was wondering if it would "fill up" and become a straight line, or if how it looks now from profile, 1 day post op, is the final result. thank you for your answers

One day post rhinoplasty

+1

It is hard to comment on results if I do not examine you are at least see photos.  However, at one day it is too early to say how the result will look.

One Day Rhinoplasty Result

+1

As I previously said, you do not see the final result on the day of surgery; this time I will tell you that you cannot see the final result 1 day after surgery. It will take one year - hopefully you get this communication before writing to ask if the final result is present 2 days after surgery.

Rhinoplasty Dorsum Hump Removal Assessment One Day After Surgery

+1

Hi Adam,

One day post op rhinoplasty you should not be able to tell "how much hump was taken off" as you should have a splint over your nose.  Assuming that you do have a splint on, then it is not possible to know how much hump was removed.  It is also way too early to determine what your profile will look like as you heal (though your surgeon knows).  Address your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Too soon to evaluate nose after rhinoplasty.

+1

Too soon to evaluate nose after rhinoplasty. It takes 1 year to know what the final result will be. The nose shape will change.