Dorsal Hump Removal Revision, How Long After Primary Surgery do I Need to Wait?

I had rhinoplasty surgery done a few weeks ago. The surgeon did exactly as I asked. I wanted to leave behind a bit of the dorsal hump to appear natural. However, I now would much rather have the hump removed. How long should I wait before a revision to completely remove it?

Wait after surgery for revision

+1

Leaving a bump doesn't make it look natural it makes it look like a bump. A rhinoplasty expert wont make you look done. A year is the proper waiting time to have a revision in this case

Waiting time for dorsal hump revision

+1

It is best to wait at least a year prior to undergoing elective revision rhinoplasty.  Full healing from rhinoplasty is approximately a year, depending on the patient’s type of skin.  A large hump removal will require osteotomies, which will need to be performed under general anesthesia.

Dorsal hump revision

+1

I would recommend waiting a minimum of six months and carefully consider your motivations. Being impulsive about changing what you wanted can be very tricky and lead to repeated surgeries and problems as you chase a moving goal.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon