Dorsal Hump Removal and Chin Implant? (photo)

Hi I'm 18 I was just a two questions regarding surgery I want done. I'm thinking about having rhinoplasty done wiht only a removal of the hump on my nose and nothin else. I also either want injectibles or a chin implant to reduce my cleft chin I was wondering if I should get injectibles or an implant for my chin. I also want to know the cost of the rhinoplasty and the implant or the injectibles together. I live in Chicago. Thanks!

Dorsal Hump Removal and Chin Implant?

+2

Hi Julie

A rhinoplasty and chin implant are complement each other and enhance your facial profile. The cleft will not be corrected by the chin implant as the cleft is in the soft tissue. 

Hope this helps

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty with either chin implant or filler?

+1

You are definitely a good candidate for a nasal profile improvement via Rhinoplasty to remove your bump. I would discourage the choice of laboratory produced fillers to  eliminate your cleft simply because they are all temporary in nature. However, you might consider the use of your own fat to do the job. That will have the possibility to remain permanently. Having said that, a silicon implant would probably be your best option because your profile seems to show that the projection of your chin is a bit weak. An implant will improve the harmony between your chin and your nose.

David A. Ross, MD

Fillers or fat transfer for cleft

+1

Hi Julie, If you don't do an infracture of the nasal bones, you will most likely have an "open roof" deformity, wide bridge. You could try fillers on the cleft, also we could do fat transfer. I would suggest seeing a plastic surgeon for best results. Dr. Ritacca

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Nasal Hump Removal & Chin Implant

+1

You appear to be an excellent candidate for both based on your photo. If you choose to proceed with both rhinoplasty and chin implant, it would be recommended to do both simultaneously for the best result.  However, the chin implant will not eliminate the chin cleft.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can achieve the results you seek.  Computer morphing will be useful during the consultation to communicate your desired results.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Dorsal hump and chin

+1

The dorsal hump and chin can be taken care at the same time.  The chin can be treated many different ways depending upon what you want. Fillers are temporary. If you feel the chin is weak an implant can help.  But remember a cleft is usually from soft tissue deficits and an implant of chin shave may not help.

Dorsal Hump Removal and Chin Implant?

+1

Hump reduction and subtle chin augmentation are both reasonable options. I actually think that Radiesse injection into the chin produces very nice results. However, you need to understand, as Dr. Portuese mentioned, that this treatment is temporary (12-18 months per treatments). However, it tends to nicely fill cleft chins and is quickly performed in the convenience of the office. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

+1

The combination of both a rhinoplasty and  a chin implant is an excellent choice when there is a large hump and projection to the nose and a  recessive chin.  The chin implant will not erase the cleft of the chin.  We do not recommend fillers in the chin since  they are only temporary. Please see the link below for examples of rhinoplasty and chin implant  combination performed in our practice.  The costs of both procedures are posted on our website.

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

+1

You are an excellent candidate for both a rhinoplasty and chin implant which can and should be done during the same operation. The chin cleft will not be eliminated with the implant; you will need fillers or fat augmentation to decrease the cleft. Cost for all this work will be $11,000-14,000.

Rhinoplasty and chin implants for a cleft chin

+1

Rhinoplasty with hump reduction is the easy part and as the tip of your nose is delicate and the angle lip to nasal tip open care should be taken not to shorten your nose. Your face is youthful and convex. A chin implant would be appropriate for projection, though the implant alone will not solve the clefting, and a graft rather than a fill will give a more lasting improvement. Chin implants make 'strong' changes to facial appearance so working out the result on computer will help avoid mistakes.

Rhinoplasty and Chin Cleft Reduction

+1

You would be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty with hump reduction. A chin implant can be helpful to reduce a chin cleft...if the muscle is repaired or a fat graft is placed at the same time as the implant placement. It would be important to determine if you only want the chin cleft treated or also wanted increased chin projection as well.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD