Looking to Have Dorsal Hump over Bridge Flattened..

and I just had a few questions regarding the procedure. First and foremost I would like to know the odds of revisionist surgery being required. Secondly how noticeable is the surgery 1 month post op, most importantly is the swelling/bruising easily noticeable. Lastly is my preference obtainable. The attached file displays my nose currently, on the left, and what I desire, the right. If so just how difficult will the procedure be taking into account my current nose.

Dorsal hump removal and recovery from surgery

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure usually takes approximately an hour and a half to perform and is done under general
anesthesia. Visible swelling and bruising after the procedure usually lasts approximately a week, but on a rare
occasional can last upward to two weeks if extensive bruising occurs. The chance of a revision rhinoplasty in
experienced hands is usually about 10-15%. Our revision rate is 10%. The majority of swelling will
subside after 1-2 months following the surgery. However, full healing does take a year to see all of the results

Dorsal Hump Removal

+1

Your computed image result is a realistic goal.  Although your nose will not be healed 1 month after surgery, post-operative signs of your surgery  will not be noticeable. The risk of a necessary minor revision in a nose like yours is minimal (less than 5%). 

Dorsal hump reduction is very successful

+1

Based on your photograph, I think you are a very good candidate for reduction of your dorsal hump.  This part of a rhinoplasty is usually very straight forward, and the odds of the procedure needing a revision is probably less than one in ten.  After three weeks, you will still have a mild degree of swelling, but it will be relatively mild.  It would be very uncommon for you to still had any bruising after three weeks.  I think the post-operative you have shown is very attainable. 

Roger J. Oldham, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Dorsal Reduction Rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty is the most challenging cosmetic operation performed by plastic surgeons, however, this is still a very successful procedure. Revision rates vary, but you could expect about a 5-20% range depending upon how experienced your physician is with nasal surgery.  I think your computer imaging is a reasonable endpoint, but no surgeon could guarantee this result for you. Swelling will persist at 1 month, but it will not be noticeable to people who aren't very familiar with you.  Swelling should be unnoticeable by 6 weeks.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Rhinoplasty Results

+1

Anon,

I believe that the results you are looking for are realistic and achievable. The recovery is fairly easy, the results should be clearly visible at one month. The chance of you needing revision surgery depends on the experience of the surgeon and on how you heal, unless there are some unforeseen circumstances that occur durring your surgery.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after nasal hump reduction

+1

Your pictures are an excellent demonstration of the value of computer simulation of rhinoplasty results, and there is a very excellent chance that your procedure comes very close to what you have shown, a nice realistic outcome. Despite swelling your nose should look fairly well, one week after the procedure as the splint is removed. You may experience bruising in the lower lid because of the 'fracture' used to shape the bridge of the nose and this can persist for three weeks. By one month, you can return to full exercise, and swelling will not be noticeable, though stiffness persists six months to a year. Revisions are infrequent, and your surgeon has a clear image of the goals in mind.

peterejohnsonmd

Dorsal Hump

+1

Thanks photo and photo shopped image are helpful. You can obtain the result in 98% of the cases. Very rarely do revisions occur but they can happen. Recovery is usually a few weeks. So see 3 boarded surgeons. Best of Luck. 

Rhinoplasty

+1

Dorsal hump take down is the goal in many rhinoplasties.  Obviously a photoshopped photo is impossible to achieve, but it can be very close.  Revision rates quoted nationally even with the most well known names out there is in the neighborhood of 5-15%.

Rhinoplasty Recovery

+1

After any surgery you are guaranteed to have some swelling and possibly some bruising.  Revision rate really depends on your healing, the complexity of the surgery and any external factors which may affect your recovery - such as trauma, infection, etc.  Based on your pictures, it appears that it is possible to achieve something close to what you show in your computer imaging.  Good luck with your surgery.

David Shafer, MD

Having nasal hump removed.

+1

Your goals are achievable and the results depend on the skill of the surgeon. The revision rate should be less than 1-2% and should be very minor-not the "bad nosejobs" you see on the street. Choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon and you should have excellent results.