Looking to Have Dorsal Hump over Bridge Flattened..

and I just had a few questions regarding the procedure. First and foremost I would like to know the odds of revisionist surgery being required. Secondly how noticeable is the surgery 1 month post op, most importantly is the swelling/bruising easily noticeable. Lastly is my preference obtainable. The attached file displays my nose currently, on the left, and what I desire, the right. If so just how difficult will the procedure be taking into account my current nose.

Dorsal nasal bump flattened

Thank you for your inquiry!

It seems that you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty that will improve the way your nose looks to complement your facial features in a natural fashion. Your goal is very reasonable. At 1 month post surgery, the swelling should have subsided considerably but not totally. The need for a revision surgery is minimal if choosing a well-experienced surgeon. However, without a physical examination it is not possible to provide you with specific details. I highly recommend that you schedule a consultation.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Good luck!!!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS