Is it Possible to Only Correct my Drooping Tip w/o Bothering Dorsal Hump and DNS? (photo)

i have dorsal hump,little bit DNS and a drooping tip which makes my smile ugly.i only want to correct my drooping tip.Is it possible to only correct my drooping tip without bothering about dorsal hump and DNS? Please have a look at the picture.

Rhinoplasty to only correct drooping tip

+1

It is impossible to do just the tip on a nose such as this since the tip is completely intertwined with the remainder of the nose.  If one were to perform the tip only on this type of nose it would be completely out of balance with the remainder of the nose.  A deviated nasal septum can be done as an independent procedure for breathing issues and is typically billed to the patient’s insurance from out of medical necessity.  Any cosmetic work must be paid for by the patient.

Web reference: http://seattlefacial.com

Is it Possible to Only Correct my Drooping Tip w/o Bothering Dorsal Hump and DNS?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and IMHO, of course.  If you want to keep the look of the nasal bridge and just want the droopy nasal tip rotated (lifted) up...this is accomplished through a limited procedure where the anterior septal angle is trimmed and a permanent suture used to rotate up the nasal tip.  This does not require a full Rhinoplasty and I have used this many times for this purpose.  The procedure takes about 20 minutes to perform and the recovery is very quick as most of the nasal tisues are left undisturbed.  You must be aware that it won't change any other aspect, of your nose, but the droopy nasal tip.

Web reference: http://thepalmercodeinstitute.com

Tip Rhinoplasty vs. Full Rhinoplasty

+1

It is certainly technically possible to do just a tip rhinoplasty procedure. Whether that will create the best aesthetic result, or more pertinently create what you think it will, should be evaluated by computer imaging beforehand. You should have images done in profile that show results of a tip vs full rhinoplasty so you can make an educated choice between these two types of rhinoplasty procedures.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyrhinoplasty.com/

This is possible, but not recommended

+1

Only lifting your tip during rhinoplasty is possible, but I would not recommend this.  Seek consultations with qualified rhinoplasty surgeons.  I would highly recommend a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon, as they have the most extensive training in rhinoplasty.  Warmest regards.

Dr. Pippin

Metairie Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Possible but I would not recommend this path of treatment. Seek in person evaluations from boarded PSs 

Rhinoplasty

+1

Yes you can do that by trimming the upper edge of the tip cartilages and possibly removing the bottom part of the septum. That allow the tip to rotate upward. The hump is from the front part of the septum.

If you do that there is a high chance you will come back in the future to take down the hump. You can do it that way but one operation addressing the hump and the tip is usually cheaper.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Partial corrective rhinoplasty often results in a revision

+1

You have a prominent dorsal hump - my guess is that you will dislike this feature of your nose after a rhinoplasty procedure is done to address your drooping tip. My advice is to correct that dorsal hump and drooping tip together for a better aesthetic 'synthesis' of your nasal appearance. The dorsum of your nose does not have to be completely corrected in order to maintain some ethnic characteristics that you might like.

Correcting only drooping tip during rhinoplasty

+1

You can address only your drooping tip if that is all you want changed. You can see what you think of your potential new appearance with digial morphing during your rhinoplasty consultation. It isn't uncommon to partially maintain a dorsal hump if a patient desires -- often this is in order to maintain a familial trait.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty

Drooping Nasal Tip

+1

It is possible to correct the drooping nasal tip when you smile without changing other parts of your nose.  However, if you are considering having a rhinoplasty to address any other areas (e.g. dorsal hump, etc), you might want to consider having it done at the same time.

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/about-us

Correction of Drooping Nasal Tip

+1

Yes, you can correct only the drooping nasal tip. However, nasal proportion should always be considered pre-op. I have had similar requests over the past 35 years. Everytime I agreed to not chage the upper 2/3rds of the nose the patient came back later for additional surgery. Be careful what you ask for - consider all alternatives.