How Can I Get a Dorsal Hump Back?

could anyone please tell me if this is possible and how, i want my dorsal hump back ill do anything if it could grow again any possible way to make it grow? i know this sounds like a stupid question but have to ask it, what can i do to get the bump back? there has got to be a way to get it looking like it did before, i have heard about the injected fillers, but would that look natural like the bone that used to be there? please help?

Rhinoplasty Reversal

+1

There is hope.  Many patients experience anxiety early on after a rhinoplasty, but the appearance will only improve with time.  However, if after healing you feel that the nasal dorsum (the bridge) is too low, then correcting this is relatively easy.  Lets hope you don't need it, but if so your options are:

• Soft tissue fillers (will not feel like bone)
  • revision rhinoplasty with augmentation of the bridge

There are many materials that can be used to augment the bridge including temporalis fascia, cartilage and GoreTex.  The correct choice depends on exactly what you need and the comfort level of your surgeon.  I hope you find this information reassuring.

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dorsal Hump #nosejob

+1

Regret is the most common emotion to experience early on. You do need to allow this at least 6 months to really settle down. It takes almost one year for all of the swelling to go down but by 6 months you should have a good idea of the look you will have. I have found that by then patients usually get used to their new nose and like it. If you still hate it then you could have other procedures done. You need to know at the outset that if you do have other surgeries that you will never have the exact bump you had before. I would part with this in your mind right now. Once you have altered the bone and cartilage structure it is changed forever. You may indeed have cartilage grafts, or fascia grafts placed to augment the nasal dorsum. It just might not be exactly as it was. Just give this time. Keep talking this out on real self or with your surgeon but it is very early. FYI, when I had my Rhino many years ago, way before I wanted to be a Plastic Surgeon it took me about 3 4 months before my nose felt like my nose. It happens very slowly.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Rhinoplasty hump

+1

Hi there,

You asked this question last week, at which time you mentioned that you were only 4 weeks post op at that time.  It's clear that you are really struggling with your new nasal appearance, which is distressing for you.  You mentioned in one of your posts that it now looks "too perfect", and you're regretful of having had it changed.  You're doing the right thing by discussing this in Realself.  It's good you can express your concerns.  If possible, though, let some time go by before making any changes to your nose - from a surgical point of view it is very early days and the nose will change a lot in appearance over the next few months. It will change - you're not looking at a final result. If you remain regretful in 6 months from now, then a surgical change could be considered, as by that time you'll be beginning to see a more final result.

Posting some pictures of before and now might also help to gain more informed opinions about your concerns.   

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Nasal dorsum issue

+1

If your nasal dorsum was over-resected during rhinoplasty, sometimes cartilage grafts are used to augment the dorsum. This can be from the septum or rib, or ear.  Good luck.

Getting Dorsal Hump Back

+1

Although it is hard to tell without seeing your pictures what you are describing is possibly an over-reduced bridge which can be reconstructed with your own cartilage - such as in the example below

Sam Naficy, MD