Dorsal Hump and Possible Saddle 13 Days Post Op Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Hi, I am 13 days post closed rhinoplasty op, mainly removing bump. As you can see from the photo I have a dent in the nose just below the bone and the bone looks as humped as it did before the op. I understand that there will still be significant swelling and there is particularly on tip and width of bridge, but this hump feels very boney and hard. Is it too early in the healing process to develop a callous and have I got saddle bridge?

Dorsal Hump and Possible Saddle 13 Days Post Op Rhinoplasty?

+2

This early after rhinoplasty, it is premature to be concerned about the final result.   The swelling is going to be very prominent at this early stage.  I would follow with your surgeon.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Kenneth Hughes, MD

Speak with your surgeon

+2

You are fairly early in the healing process and these irregularities may even out as your swelling subsides. Keep in close contact with your surgeon and make sure he/she knows about your concerns. 

Joshua Rosenberg, MD

13 days after surgery is too early to make a pronouncement.

+1

I see the contour irregularity you are alluding to. This might not resolve with swelling but one never knows. Fillers can be used to temporarily impose proper contour to the dorsum of the nose.