Dorsal Hump and Drooping Tip when Smiling?

Here's the deal. I'm 17 years old and i am taking Zoloft for a condition known as Body Dysmorphic Disorder. I am Extremely unhappy with my nose. I have a dorsal hump and a tip that falls when i smile. It ruins my side profile. Although most people say my nose isnt bad, they still can agree on a dorsal hump and droopy tip. I like the front view of my nose very much, and do not want any changes WHATSOEVER done to the front of my nose. WHAT would be ideal for my situation?

BDD and Rhinoplasty

+1

BDD may not allow a person receiving a very good surgical result to be satisfied, and this is the primary reason why surgery may not be a good idea.

No rhinoplasty with Body Dysmorphic Disorder.

+1

Hi.

A rhinoplasty might make you look better, and even make you feel better, but you will need expert psychiatric clearance before a responsible surgeon will agree to operate.

+1

With a diagnosis and while under treatment for BDD, plastic and cosmetic surgeons would decline to perform your Rhinoplasty.  IMHO, you should discuss this with the MD treating you for your BDD and see what progresses from that point.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Rhinoplasty and body dysmorphic disorder

+1

body dysmorphic disorder is generally a contra indication to having cosmetic surgery, expecially rhinopasty.  the reason for this is simple terms is that your brain may be "set up" in a way that you will never be happy with the appearance.  so if you truely have bdd you may have a true hump and drooping tip and you may go onto have good surgery to correct those issues well and still not be happy.  i think your first step is to have the bdd fully treated then revisit the issue of surgery.

BDD

+1

It is good that you are open and admit to BDD. While you may have a desire to have something done with your nose, you should not have surgery without the approval of who treats you for the BDD. The biggest concern is that you may still not be happy. You would need to see a surgeon and then have them communicate with your treating doctor for BDD to come to a safe decision for you.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

It's important to make sure the changes you desire are what you need

+1

I am happy to hear you are receiving therapy for Body Dysmorphic  Disorder.  This can affect how you percieve you nose and body in general.  Cosmetic surgery is unique in the fact that you do not need the surgery done to improve your body's function.  The change is solely to create a state of mind where you feel better about yourself.  So you are undergoing a physical change (surgery) in order to alter your psychological state.  This is a very unique use of surgery. If your nose has a change that the surgeon agrees is realistic, then you should consult whoever manages your BDD to make sure this is the right choice for you.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon