Is the Attached Photo Attainable for Me? Note my Profile is Caused by a Small Chin and Low Hyoid As Opposed Excess Fat. (photo)

As you can see in the attached photo, a slight manipulation of my chin and neck makes an incredible difference to my profile. I assume my chin is a straightforward case but I have a low hyoid bone, so I'm not sure if I can get the angle that I have in that photo. When I manipulate the chin, the effect are far less dramatic. Is there any way to attain this? I am getting very mixed feedback in consultations so not sure what to believe.

Is the Attached Photo Attainable for Me? Note my Profile is Caused by a Small Chin and Low Hyoid As Opposed Excess Fat.

+1

In the first picture, your head is tilted downward which exaggerates the neck tissues and the weakness of the chin.  You do appear to have a weak chin that would benefit from a Chin Augmentation using a Chin Implant.  At that time any excess fat and skin can be removed from under the chin.  

Chin and neck profile

+1
 Many patients who have a receding chin  also have a low hyoid bone. Nothing can be done about a low hyoid bone surgically. Fat removal in the neck can be accomplished within neck lift and platysma plasty, whereby the fat above AND below the platysma muscle is removed and the platysma sutured in the midline. A chin implant can be placed through the same incision to give  more chin projection. 

Neck Contour Achievable?

+1

As best I can tell without examining you, you do have excess fat beneath your chin but liposuction and a chin implant will improve your appearance. Despite the low hyoid your goals seem reasonable.

Possible chin implant?

+1

It's difficult to be able to diagnose a low hyoid bone without examining you.  From your pictures, it does appear that there is some recession to your chin as well as some excess fat under your chin in the upper neck.  If this is the case, then you should be a good candidate for chin augmentation with an implant as well as liposuction under the chin in the upper neck.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon