Will I have to get a donut mastoplexy with my breast augmentation? (photo)

I want to get implants and I would prefer not to have a big gap between the two implants. Also, will my nipples point downward after the augmentation? Any tips to help me out with my breast augmentation.

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

+1
You have asymmetrical shape, position and volume of your breasts. You would benefit from a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. This will prevent your nipples from pointing downward and maximize anterior projection. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. The profile of the implant is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it and determines the projection.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1
Thank you for the question and picture.

In my opinion, an implant placement would be sufficient in order to enhance your breast and give them more volume, I don't think you need a breast lift.
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Kayser

+1

I believe that implants alone with give you a pleasing result provided you do not want your breast position to be higher on your chest.  Over time, expect that with the weight of the implant and the stretching of your skin, your breasts will settle.  This is usually acceptable over a scar in most patients, but if not, you can always have a lift at another time. As far as the gap is concerned, an implant will increase the cup size of your breasts so that you willl have more volume in your bra but you will always have some degree of gapping.  Hope this helps and Happy New Year! Dr. Kayser - Detroit, MI

Web reference: http://www.imagebydesignmd.com/gallery/breastaugmentation51_gallery.php

Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Will I have to get a donut mastoplexy with my breast augmentation?

+1
Implants alone in front of the muscle a dual plane placement of the implants may give you a reasonable cosmetic improvement. Whether you will get an outcome closer to your ideal with implants plus a limited donut mastopexy depends on your desired result.

Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. If you live outside of the United States, the surgeon should ideally be a member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS). You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD  FACS

La Jolla, California
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

You do not need a doughnut mastopexy just a bilateral breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for your photograph.From your photograph it does not appear that you need a breast lift or dermal mastopexy.  A biplanar breast augmentation should give you a nice result without the need of the additional scarring of a breast lift.  Your nipple areola complexes normal size therefore a donut mastopexy is not required for nipple areola reduction.

Please consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in cosmetic breast surgery, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/boston-breast-implants/boston-breast-augmentation-how-to-choose-size-of-breast-implant/

To lift or not to lift?

+1
Dear Diane,
It does not appear from the photo that you need a breast lift.  An in person consultation would confirm that.  Higher profile implants will make it less likely to require a lift, but will have more potential to "gap" between your breasts.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.francisnyplasticsurgery.com/breast-lift-mastopexy/

TO LIFT OR NOT TO LIFT

+1
Thanks for the front view. A lateral view would be helpful.  Based on limited photos I believe you can get away with implants only.  I would recommend a dual plane approach with high profiles implants.  If you would like to be a C-cup around a 400cc implant should do the job.

Web reference: http://www.toddbkochmd.com

Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

+1
I do not think you need a surgical lift - once you have undergone an augmentation, your increased breast volume will most likely result in your nipple position being fine, especially if you have tear drop implants.
London Plastic Surgeon

+1

Difficult to give you individualized advice based on a single photograph, but based on this photograph I do not think that any type of breast lift and will be necessary to achieve a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural”  or “full B, small C cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging technology may also be very helpful during this communication process.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Happy New Year!

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Mastopexy

+1
Thank you for the photo and from it, without an exam, I feel you will not need any type of lift to get a good result from your augmentation. Dr. Corbin

Web reference: http://www.thebreastexpert.com

Brea Plastic Surgeon