Would I Need a Donut Mastopexy Along with a BA? (photo)

I am considering a BA to correct my tuberous breasts, I know I don't need a lift, but am curious if I need a donut mastopexy or other nipple reduction to ensure that the shape of my breasts after implants is desirable.

No, not now.

+1

It looks like you have a firm skin with a definite tuberous breast meaning that the lower end of your breast has not been well developed. So you need more volume in the lower pole!

As mentioned tuberous breasts can have areola herniation which sometimes needs correction, but since you need augmentation and this will put pressure on the skin this might distend the skin to the point that the herniation is gone.

If not you can decide to have this corrected secondarily.

good luck,

Belgium Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Tuberous Breasts

+1

The breast augmentation and the manner in which the pockets are dissected will have the greatest effect on outcome.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

TUBEROUS BREASTS

+1

If you are unhappy with the size of your areola, they can be reduced at the same time as your breast augmentation and correction of the tuberous deformity.  Reduction of the areola is not necessary in order to correct the tuberous breast.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Donut Mastopexy for Tuberous Breast

+1

Thank you for your question.  It appears that you have mild tuberous shaped breasts.  If there is some herniation of tissue associated with this than a donut type mastopexy  is used.  Additionally, release of the lower pole (bottom of your breast) of your breast will be necessary to shape and round out the lower part of your breast.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in this type of surgery. 

Brian Joseph, MD

Donut mastopexy with implants?

+1

It might be possible to do a donut mastopexy  for your tuberous deformity. An exam in person is essential.

Would I Need a Donut Mastopexy Along with a BA?

+1

You need more than donut mastopexy, your breast needs to release the inferior part, and Ba.

Spanish translation provided by doctor:

Usted necesita mas que una periareolar, su mama necesita relajar la parte inferior y aumento.

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

Correcting tuberous breasts without implants

+1

Thank you for your photos.

If you are happy with the size of your breasts or do not desire the possible risks and complications associated with implants (bottoming out, capsular contracture, chronic pain, etc), the Mini UBL technique can reshape your breasts internally without needing an implant. The Mini UBL uses the same strapping technique utilized in the Ultimate Breast Lift to lift/reshape and permanently anchor your breast tissue to maximize the longevity of your lift. The only incisions you would have are around the areola. The size of the areola can be easily reduced.This not a Benelli lift. The Benelli is very limited in what we can accomplish. If, however, you desire added volume, a small sub-muscular implant can also be inserted at the same time. Please note that the larger the implant the sooner you will need some type of revision.

I hope this helps,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Donut mastopexy and tuberous breasts

+1

Generally a donut mastopexy is part of the treatment of tuberous breasts alone with lower pole expansion and implants.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Possibly

+1

Dear Bennem8- sometimes we can so a BA without a donut mastopexy in situations like yours, but it involves releasing the tight fold and may take many months and a possible revision to get it perfect.  If your nipples are really herniated a donut mastopexy is the best option.

Mark A. Schusterman, MD

Would I Need a Donut Mastopexy Along with a BA

+1

A donut mastopexy will be helpful in properly positioning the areolas and in reducing the "herniation" that you can see on the side view. These are complex problems and only the most general suggestions can be made on line based only on photos. Far better is a consultation with a plastic surgeon. 

RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.