Will a Donut Lift Work for Me? Do I Need A Full or Mini TT? (photo)

I want to get breast aug, lift & TT. I'm 37 and I've had 4 children/4 c-sections no keyloid-ing. Do you think the TT is worth the trade off since muscles are not too bad? Can a mini do the job or full? My main concern is the bottom bulge & the stretch marks. Regarding breast aug, lift w/silicone (over muscle was rec since I workout alot. Does working out=over?. I want to avoid the lollipop if possible. I despise it! Will a donut work 4me? Armpit incision for the implant? I want to go to D cup.

Short-cuts in Plastic Surgery Always End Badly...

+4

Hi there-

While I understand your (and all patients) preference for a smaller procedure if possible, it is absolutely critical for you (and all patients) to also understand that things that sound too good to be true- still are...

Secondly, the scary thing is that if you wave a little bit of money in the air, you will find someone willing to do whatever procedure on you that you ask for. But long after they have your money, you will be dealing with the unhappiness and strange, unattractive appearance that resulted from your desire to find a short cut to your goals.

The very most unhappy women who ever come to my office are those who successfully found a surgeon willing to try a short cut, minimal scar procedure, who are now in the position of having to undergo a second procedure at additional expense in order to improve their appearance....

Without examining you and having a better understanding of your goals, it would be very difficult and irresponsible to say what your best option is, but based on your photos, the procedures you are  suggesting are going to result in an outcome I doubt any woman would be happy with.

The best advice I could give you is to find a great surgeon FIRST- someone with skill and talent and the outcomes to prove it- visit them for a consultation and examination. Follow their recommendations. 

Trying to find someone who is willing to do the procedures you want is a mistake. What will you do when you find that person and then realize (after surgery) that the procedures you thought you wanted resulted in a strange appearance?

Will a Donut Lift Work for Me? Do I Need A Full or Mini TT?

+3

I think you will need the lollipop incision for the breast lift part due to the position of your own breast tissue and nipple location. I do not think the donut breast lift, even with an implant will work.  As to under or over the muscle with implants and working out, when you use your pectoralis muscle there will be some movement of the implant, but that is temporary. I think a lift will last less time if the implant is placed on top of the muscle as it will not have as much support and the weight of the implant and your own breast tissue will cause the skin to stretch and sag.  I also think the full tummy tuck would be required due to the loose skin above the belly button. Doing a mini tummy tuck would leave the abdomen looking unbalanced with a tight lower part and a looser upper part

Julio Garcia, MD

Which procedure

+2

I noticed you had also asked a question about OR time. For a full procedure, which seems to be the consensus 2 1/2 hours will not do it.

Michael Hueneke, MD

Will a donut lift work?

+2

While it would be nice to get a lovely result with a minimal incision, I think that based on your photos that you need a more powerful breast lift - either a vertical or a full (traditional) lift.  The donut lift is simply not powerful enough to give you a nice looking result, even together with an implant.  I understand that accepting the extra scar is a difficult thing...

Regarding the tummy, a mini is not powerful enough for the amount of laxity and abdominal wall relaxation that you have.  I would recommend a full tummy tuck for the best result.

Thomas Fiala, MD

A mommy makeover is tailored to each individual patient to meet unique aesthetic goals

+2

From your photos, it appears as though you'll most likely need the lollipop type of incisions for your breast lift and possibly the anchor type.  The scars heal very well on the breast and I wouldn't want you to sacrifice a great result just to prevent a small amount of extra scarring.  Over the muscles for the implants is good if you're an avid exerciser as the implants may move during muscle flexing if they're placed underneath the muscles.  For  your tummy, you'll probably need a full tummy tuck to remove all of the excess skin and tighten your muslces from top to bottom.  Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

40 yr old Mommy Makeover

+2

I think that you need the whole deal - complete breast lift with or without implant and full tummy tuck. Sound like the biggest issue for you is the scars. If your surgeon does a good job than you will be thrilled with the improvement in your shape and the scars will "fade" to the background. I would be very careful about anyone suggesting you will do well from a donut mastopexy. 

Ronald Schuster, MD

Full tummy tuck and full three scar breast lift

+2

From the pictures you sent, it appears like you need a full tummy tuck and a breast lift with all three scars -- around the nipple, vertical, and horizontal. See a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area for an evaluation and recommendations. It is a good idea to seek more than one opinion and compare recommendations. Then you can choose what is best for you.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Mommy makeover - Breast and Abdomen

+2

From the photos you share here, it looks like you would benefit from a tummy tuck to take care of skin laxity and to tighten your abdominal muscles. Your breasts would require a traditional lift with incision around the nipple, the vertical incision down the middle of each breast, and continuing along the breast fold (anchor-shape). A donut mastopexy would be inadequate. If you want more volume, then you may consider breast implants, and in conjunction with the lift, placing the implants under the muscle rather than over the muscle is much safer for healing outcomes. The lift tends to reduce breast size by one cup, without augmentation. Good luck!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Donut Breast Lift vs. Mastopexy and Standard Tummy Tuckl vs. Mini Recommendations

+2

The photographs (above) suggest  the procdures that would give you the optimum results are a standard mastopexy with or without breast implants.  The top of your breasts are flats secondary to being engorged and stretched after pregnancy.  A mastopexy alone does not always provide the fullness you might desire, so I would discuss the possiblity of placing a submusculat breast implant at the time of the mastopexy.

A mini-tummy tuck is best reserved for someone with a small amount of skin laxity.  You will need a standard full tummy tuck to tighten your skin, remove some of the stretch marks and address you rectus diastasis - spread stomach muscles.

I know you will be pleased with the difference in your figure after the mastopexy and tummy tuck.

Rondi Kathleen Walker, MD
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Type of Breast Lifting and Tummy Tuck?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

You will not have satisfactory results without a full mastopexy and a full tummy tuck operation.  The  circumareola  mastopexy will not address a significant number of loose skin present and will not give you a significant breast lift.

The mini tummy talk is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.
It is important  for patients seeking abdominal contouring surgery to work with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain advice (based on good ethics and judgment) to  improve  their chances of a successful outcome and minimize the need for further surgery.

Please make sure you pick your plastic surgeon carefully;  otherwise I am concerned that you will be dissatisfied with the end results.