Will a "Donut" Lift with Augmentation Work for Me? (photo)

areolas have alwz been lrg but seems they got lrger wen i stopped breastfeeding as my breasts grew extreamly lrg,then deflated.When my breasts were big from milk,my areolas looked scary big.TOO BIG!i know if i get BA w/out reduction,same problm will occur.i am very insecure and have to cover up.my nipples always show or "peep"even wearin a round colar shirt. I cant keep living this way, i just want be happy w my bod.i hav money saved but no one will finance the rest, do drs offr inhouse finance?

Best Type of Breast Lift?

+1

I think you will be a good candidate for full mastopexy surgery;  this will involve at least a vertical mastopexy. Unfortunately, the Benelli breast  lift will not provide enough of a “lift" to be effective.  Yours is a situation where undergoing the “wrong” operation may be viewed very dissatisfied and necessitating further surgery.

Donut lifts and asymmetry

+1

I would agree with the previous comments that your best result would be a true mastopexy (lift) rather than a pseudo-lift like a donut mastopexy and I would reduce a small amount of volume from the right breast to get a symmetric result. This can be done through a "vertical" approach with a lollipop incision but I would not recommend an augmentation with implants at the same time. This should correct the shape, position, and nipple-areola size and minimize problems with an implant which could be done later if still desired. These are all cosmetic procedures though and the least cost would be to just do the true lift and small reduction on the right which can be done under IV sedation/local anesthesia by a plastic surgeon experienced with this approach. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Too much for straight forward periareolar lift

+1

The left side might get an ok result with a periareolar approach but the right would not. I'd plan on having to have vertical or j shaped mastopexies to control your shape and reduce the areola size 

Robert Oliver Jr., MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Donut Lift and Breast Implants

+1

Hello Jan.cali,

Regardless of the quality or angle that the photos were taken, I can say with certainty that a donut lift would be totally inadequate for two reasons.  First, your breasts are too large and sag too much for such a small type of lift procedure; even if you had implants placed your skin excess would overwhelm such a small type of breast lift.  The other problem is the difference in size and shape between the two breasts.  Such a discrepancy could never be addressed with a donut lift.

There is a potential to completely transform your breasts using some type of full breast lift, possibly in conjunction with breast implants, depending on your desire for fullness in the upper part of your breasts.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Will a "Donut" Lift with Augmentation Work for Me?

+1

You appear to have far too much overhang to get by with just a "donut" or periareolar lift.  You require a more major lift to bring your nipples up to a better position, reduce and control the size of your areolas, and reduce your sagging skin envelope sufficiently.  I would guess that you need a lift that incorporates at least a vertical scar and perhaps an "anchor" incision pattern.  The tightening required to properly lift and shape your breasts may make placement of an implant at the same time more of a problem, and some plastic surgeons may advise performing the lift first and the augmentation later. Needless to say, a thorough consultation with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be most important.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

+1

It is extremely hard to answer your question without an exam or good medical quality photos. Try and resubmit your question with level views from the front and both sides showing your chest from above the shoulders down to the belly button so we can give you the answers you want.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Lift options

+1

The photos you posted are from a bad angle. In general a donut lift with implant is best for small nipple elevations.  Hard to say without an exam.

What Type of Breast lift

+1

A periareolar lift, or doughnut lift will raise your nipple areolar position 1-2 cm and not contribute very much to shape change.  Photos do not always give the correct impression, but I would guess from your pictures that you will need more skin removal to get a good shape.  A vertical lift, or lolli-pop may work well for you, but discuss it with an experienced surgeon, certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  A good result is very possible for you.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Is a peri-areolar mastopexy adequate?

+1

As stated by Dr. Rand, your photos are difficult to interpret because of the angle. It does appear that you have significant laxity and asymmetry. Having said that, I do not believe a peri-areolar (donut) mastopexy will provide adequate breast lift for you. There is no replacement for an in-person exam by a board-scertified plastic surgeon who can more accurately describe what will work best for you. In terms of financing I would suggest you ask the plastic surgeons who you consult with what credit options they offer. I hope this helps.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Treating large areolas

+1

Your photos lokk to be shot from below so the angle isn't what we prefer but from what I see, your right breast is too droopy and downpointing to look great from just a periareolar lift (donut).  This doesn't really lift the breast much at all, just reduces the areolas with a little upward movement.  It looks like you really need a full lift because the nipples appear to be well below the lowest point of the crease under the breast.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS