I Had a Donut Lift and over the Muscle Saline Implants 5 Years Ago. Can I Go Under the Muscle and Do C Silicone Implants?

I'm 54 years old.

Breast implant revision

+2

It is possible in most cases to exchange the implants and insert the new ones in a submuscular pocket, but an exam is necessary.

Revision breast surgery

+2

An examination will be needed but the surgery that you are considering may be possible.  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Z 

Can I Go Under the Muscle and Do Silicone Implants?

+2

Yes, you can. We do that all the time on patients who have had the operation you describe. They are pretty much uniformly very happy with the change in look and feel.

+1

Yes, you should be able to site change to under the muscle with new implants. You will like the silicone much better than the saline.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Implant exchange

+1

yes it is possible; we could give you more of an accurate answer with pictures. You most likely will need to convert to a lollipop lift unless you go up at least a cup size in implants. Good Luck!

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer, breast enlargement

+1

My first question is why would you take on all the maintenance hassles of silicone breast implants?  Remember the FDA and the manufacturers strongly suggest you have an MRI the third year after surgery and every other year thereafter.  I also recommend replacing your silicone gel implants every 10 years before the fail.  The reported incidence of silicone gel implant failure to the FDA is around 10% during the first 10 years.   Understand that when a silicone gel implant fails a small amount of the gel regardless of the viscosity leaks out of the implant and causes low grade chronic inflammation around the implant.  This inflammation can make replacement a real problem in the future.  Saline implants give you peace of mind in that when the fail there is insignificant inflammation around the solid silicone which remains after the natural saline is absorbed.  Finally, you do have the choice of fat transfer.  A natural fat graft can be used to replace your implants entirely.  In addition, you get the benefit of liposuction somewhere else on your body.  Best wishes.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Over to under the muscle

+1

The answer is YES. Its is definately possible to switch implants as well as planes. However by doing this you made need a further lift and you should be evaluated by a board certiifed plastic surgeon to review your options.

Hope this helps

DR C

Web reference: http://www.drrituchopra.com