I don't know what is wrong with my chin, is it broken or uneven?

I have always had a weird shaped chin. It is bigger on one side and has strange dimples when I smile that are not attractive. I think it's excess fat or skin and I just want to know how to correct it. A facelift, chin reduction surgery, facial liposuction? What can I do.

+1
  Pictures (in animation and at rest) or an exam would be helpful.

Los Angeles, California

Chin problems

+1

As previously mentioned, a picture is worth a thousand words, although a physical examination would be better. There are a myriad of possibilities for chin issues given the limited information provided. These include mentalis muscle hyperactivity that may be causing "popply" chin to congenital skeletal issues (facial asymmetries can be found in nearly all of us, some to a greater degree than others).

C.W. David Chang, MD
Columbia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Pictures Needed for Assessment

+1

You will need to send pictures of your chin to get a good answer. Pictures should include a front and side view, both smiling and non-smiling. A description alone of the chin problem is not enough.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD